Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Musical Question.
Musical Question.
2004-02-09, 11:46 AM #1
What exactly is the difference between an edit, a remix, and a dub?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------@%

The Matrix: Unplugged

I'm a C4D b****!
2004-02-09, 11:50 AM #2
A remix is usually involves another artist, often a dj, changing the beats and other background stuff while keepning the same lyrics.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-09, 11:51 AM #3
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm layman on this.

Edit: Editting a specific section of a song, like a swear word.

Remix: Changing the music and/or vocals but still keeping it recongnizable

Dubbing: Putting something on top of something else. For instance, the Gray Album. It puts Jay-Z's vocals from the Black Album over The Beatles music from the White Album.

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-09, 11:58 AM #4
Or there might be a radio edit of a song that has radio friendly lyrics vs. the album version, which will have more offensive lyrics that can't be played on te radio.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-09, 12:07 PM #5
What kierran said.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-09, 1:01 PM #6
also some radio edits are not for content but for time and the song is shortened

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-10, 2:14 PM #7
I wish they would do that for some of those Peter Andre songs, way too long and way too annoying for any human.

It came on TMF last night as I was staring at the screen, I wished I would start bleeding from every orrifice just so I would have to move!

But I stayed! I had nightmares that night, horrible ones involving his wierd head!

ZERO1979

------------------
AQUATAINE
-Played our first gig. We rocked, had the biggest crowd of the night and raised £270 for Epilepsy Action.

AQUATINE is: Jamie, Tom, Liz and Matt (2004)
Infamous and rented

ZERO1979
2004-02-10, 3:13 PM #8
Remixes can also be completely new compositions that use the same melody as the old song.

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.

↑ Up to the top!