Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Will you be my steady? I will give you my [blank] ring.
Will you be my steady? I will give you my [blank] ring.
2004-02-11, 7:20 PM #1
I need to know what the ring is called.

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-02-11, 7:24 PM #2
Precious?

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-11, 7:24 PM #3
Class ring?
Promise ring?
Ring of power?
Ring of fire?

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-02-11, 7:31 PM #4
this ring?

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-11, 7:46 PM #5
Chickies go cluck cluck
Cows go moo
I am an animal, how bout you?

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-11, 9:23 PM #6
Onion.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-11, 9:55 PM #7
De-coder.

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-02-11, 10:14 PM #8
I can only assume you don't mean wedding ring.
2004-02-11, 10:46 PM #9
One Ring?

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-11, 11:09 PM #10
Fraternity Ring?

------------------
"Well, it could be worse -- it could be windy!" -popular Canadian saying.
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!
2004-02-11, 11:48 PM #11
O-Ring?

Then if the relationship crashes and burns you can blame it on a faulty one..

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-12, 12:26 AM #12
Wedding?

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-12, 1:04 AM #13
The seratted ring of protection and maiming +5 against ogres.

------------------
<Glyde> but.. you can't pick pickled peppers, even if a pickled pepper picker could pick pickled peppers!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-02-12, 1:34 AM #14
G-string?

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-02-12, 2:03 AM #15
You give your steady a promise ring.

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-12, 2:16 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
The seratted ring of protection and maiming +5 against ogres.</font>

Heheheheheh

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-12, 5:04 AM #17
colon?

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-12, 5:17 AM #18
F'n?

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-12, 5:19 AM #19
Jokes aside, typically its either a promise ring, or just ring.

Just say "I will give you my ring". Its easier, and avoids implications.

"Promise Ring" is usually reserved for those who are planning to get married, but the guy can't afford a real diamond ring, so the Promise Ring is given in the interim.

Like I said, just say "I will give you my ring". The implications are known.

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-12, 5:22 AM #20
One more thing - you could always get her a Clattaugh(sp) ring. How she wears it shows if she is available, and something like that she might dig.

Just make sure she wears it crown side pointing towards her fingertip - if she wears it the other way, she is advertising that she is available. Good way to check if she is cheating on you, if you are the paranoid type... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-02-12, 6:03 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dormouse:
O-Ring?

Then if the relationship crashes and burns you can blame it on a faulty one..

</font>

It's just wrong to laugh at that, but it made me do so.

------------------
The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, The Father of Rocketry
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-02-12, 8:23 AM #22
I'm not getting anybody anything. It's a joke Valentine for my friend. Thanks all.

------------------
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-02-12, 9:05 AM #23
broken-banded?

------------------
I'm going to go out and do stuff, like besides work. Call up ben, hang out. Maybe see the last samurai, go skydiving, whatever.
Get back into the gym...
I want to do stuff that prevents me from playin video games so I can only play them a few hours a day, basically.
(Formally Veger, who died when he lost his e-mail adress, and his password. Veeger still looks for his old pass...)
I'm going to go out and do stuff, like besides work. Call up ben, hang out. Maybe see the last samurai, go skydiving, whatever.
Get back into the gym...
I want to do stuff that prevents me from playin video games so I can only play them a few hours a day, basically.
(Formally Veger, who died when he lost his e-mail adress, and his password. Veeger still looks for his old pass...)
2004-02-12, 9:07 AM #24
thing ring

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-12, 9:32 AM #25
Generally, if two people in high school are deciding to go "steady" (I snicker at the female gender, sirs!), the ring in question will probably be a class ring (rather than a replacement for an engagement ring).

This is more akin to giving someone your letter jacket.
2004-02-12, 10:17 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Schming:
Chickies go cluck cluck
Cows go moo
I am an animal, how bout you?

</font>

i am a little birdy too...

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-02-12, 10:23 AM #27
<3 Kung Pow

------------------
"Honey, you got real ugly."
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2004-02-12, 10:28 AM #28
Janet Jackson Nipple ring

------------------
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
2004-02-12, 11:49 AM #29
why would you give someone who isn't your g/f a ring if they say they will be your g/f?

Doesn't that sound like your bribing them? They should be with you because of you, not because of a bribe. If you WANT to give them a ring, don't even mention it until they say "Okay". And then you still might want to wait.

*strokes his Iron Cross necklace* my precious...

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-12, 11:53 AM #30
btw, I just imagined a guy going up to a girl who he had been dating with a fairly expensive or emotional ring and saying "Will you be my steady? I'll give you my ring."

I am laughing very hard right now.

I don't mean to sound like a prick, but "Will you be my steady?" wtf is that? Go with girlfriend. In fact, don't even say it like a question. Say something like "I want you to be my girlfriend." This is assuming this is your situation and you aren't just merely curious.

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited February 12, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-12, 12:19 PM #31
Boxing ring.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-02-12, 12:23 PM #32
Give her your Ring of Three Wishes, assuming your DM was foolish enough to give you one.
2004-02-12, 12:24 PM #33
diamondless?
affordable?
cracker-jack?
temporary?

------------------
Get back into the gym...
Get back into the gym...
2004-02-12, 12:42 PM #34
-ring a ling ring?
-Turing test?
-Pimp ring?

btw, no one says steady anymore! That's what they say in 50's movies.

------------------
"With Great power comes great Responibility. Seems like the converse should be true as well. Now where the heck is my great Power?"
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2004-02-12, 1:49 PM #35
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to bind them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-02-12, 3:23 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SMOCK!:
-Pimp ring?</font>
ROFL!

The best!!

I was going to suggest penis ring, but that seemed a bit inappropriate. :-/

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited February 12, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-12, 3:29 PM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">That's what they say in 50's movies.</font>

"Gee Garth, you sure are keen! Want to come down to the sock-hop and get a pop with Marsha and I?

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-12, 4:04 PM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SMOCK!:
btw, no one says steady anymore! That's what they say in 50's movies.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kerian Horn:
btw, I just imagined a guy going up to a girl who he had been dating with a fairly expensive or emotional ring and saying "Will you be my steady? I'll give you my ring."

I am laughing very hard right now.

I don't mean to sound like a prick, but "Will you be my steady?" wtf is that? Go with girlfriend. In fact, don't even say it like a question. Say something like "I want you to be my girlfriend." This is assuming this is your situation and you aren't just merely curious.

</font>

WHY DOES NOBODY EVER LISTEN TO ME? GRAAAGH!

^That was the sound of me screaming and exploding at the same time.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tracer (edited February 12, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Tracer (edited February 12, 2004).]
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-02-12, 4:48 PM #39
water ring?

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!