Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Being Sick Sucks....
Being Sick Sucks....
2004-02-12, 3:52 PM #1

Just doing some venting on that that is the common cold, and the virus...

Last saturday, i had a cold, wasnt that bad, you know, just one of those annoying, never ending runny noses, and a slight cough... I get over that.

Few days later, I get what seems like the flu, but all i have is fever, and aches... nothing more... I get over that...

TWO DAYS LATER (today) I get this wicked stomach/intestinal virus... needless to say what those do. I just hate being sick, most people say goto the doc... but I usually get over stuff in a day or two... so its not even worth goin, but if i get sick after this, and its anything bad, im goin to get a big bad shot of sumin...

Thanks for reading my misfortunes.... *curses disease*

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-02-12, 4:00 PM #2
new type of SARS attacking you?

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-02-12, 4:04 PM #3
Maybe its terriorism.

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-12, 4:04 PM #4
I know how you feel. I used to be like that. Nowadays, I don't normally get anything more than a cold. However, I did get the "stomach flu" over my Christmas break (for about 12-18 hours). That stunk, as it kept me from playing JK with my friends that day. I felt so horrible (oops, didn't mean to snatch the spotlight. Sorry [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]).

Anyways, it's true: being sick really sucks.

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-02-12, 4:07 PM #5
Pneumonia – 5 times
Bronchitis – 3 times
Flu – Maybe once or twice a year.

I win.

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-12, 4:08 PM #6
They come in waves and jsut when you think you're getitng better, the counter attack comes to make you sicker again. Lot's of sleep, fluids and vitamin C.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-12, 4:09 PM #7
I hardly ever get sick.

Ironically, I hardly ever take medication.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-12, 4:10 PM #8
You truly havent been sick until you've gotten scarlet fever and a really, really bad strept throat with a fever of 105F

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-12, 4:24 PM #9
That really sucks. Luckily I've never had anything besides chicken-pocks when I was little and a very rare bug. Maybe that's because my dad told me that I'm not allowed to get sick.

Get well soon! *gives KOP_AoEJedi a humongous baloon*

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-12, 4:36 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:
Pneumonia – 5 times
Bronchitis – 3 times
Flu – Maybe once or twice a year.

I win.

</font>

Don't get into stupid "I win I am better than you competitions". It's pointless and immature.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2004-02-12, 5:38 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
You truly havent been sick until you've gotten scarlet fever and a really, really bad strept throat with a fever of 105F

</font>

And once your that sick, you're dead.*

*slight exaggeration

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!