Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Something I found in JA assets.pk3 files.
Something I found in JA assets.pk3 files.
2004-02-12, 8:11 PM #1
Suddenly while browsing assets2.pk3 I stumbled across cfg files called "bloodmonkey" "cyngusmp" and "eggo" and "themaster42" after looking inside, they were configuration files for controls, I was confused, but I figured out they were the developer's configurations. Nobody had any easter eggs 'cept themaster42, though I only checked a few.

"// generated by TheMaster42, do not modify =)

// Aliases
set newbkill "say I'm a newb, and I think F-Keys are convenient buttons.; kill"
set saying1 "say I hope you can see this, 'cause I'm doing it has hard as I can."
set saying2 "say What are you...GAY?"
set saying3 "say What are you doing? Don't touch his guys!"
set saying4 "say Dude, where's your main building?!?"
set saying5 "say Man, it's...it's late man, and.....It's late!"

// Key bindings
// Real men use ESDF

// This is the actual command we used to send screenshots to Raven. It's on the whiteboard in the JK3 QA room.

// All the test computers used for JKIII at Activision are named after Beatles songs and albums. My computer was "Fab Four."
// Activision buys your lunch when you work on weekends.
// When speeder bikes first went into multiplayer, your character would not receive damage until your bike was destroyed, giving speeders just a slight edge.
// The breakroom closest to the JKIII room has an "Asteroids" coin-op. There's also a Sega coin-op featuring the title "Video Game" in the hallway. "

thought you might be interested, now I have an editing question. is it possible to reverse the bug fix that let you be any NPC model in multiplayer? Because that owns in singleplayer, me and my friends roleplay. it'd be perfect, any ideas how or if it can be done?

------------------
"In the memory you'll find me. Eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly.
Untill the sun rises up."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-02-12, 8:37 PM #2
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">set saying1 "say I hope you can see this, 'cause I'm doing it has hard as I can."
</font>

Heh, this is from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-02-12, 8:55 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
Heh, this is from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

</font>

I KNEW that sound familar.

------------------
The Matrix is not Linux compatible.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-02-13, 12:02 AM #4
ryuukishi.cfg had these...
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">bind F1 "say hay d00d whats going on in this server"
bind F2 "say i'm in ur base killin ur d00ds"</font>

And smorpheus.cfg had this...
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">seta sv_hostname "SMORPHEUS' HOUSE OF OWNZORING"</font>

Those crazy game dev guys..

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-02-13, 12:52 AM #5
Wheee!

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-02-13, 7:41 AM #6
True about ESDF at least.

↑ Up to the top!