Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gotta love them Finns!
Gotta love them Finns!
2004-02-12, 11:45 AM #1
+15°C / 59°F
This is as warm as it gets in Finland, so we'll start here. People in Spain wear winter-coats and gloves. The Finns are out in the sun, getting a tan.

+10°C / 50°F
The French are trying in vain to start their central heating. The Finns plant flowers in their gardens.

+5°C / 41°F
Italian cars won't start, The Finns are cruising in cabriolets.

0°C / 32°F
Distilled water freezes. The water in Vantaa river (in Helsinki Finland) gets a little thicker.

-5°C / 23°F
People in California almost freeze to death. The Finns have their final barbecue before winter.

-10°C / 14°F
The Brits start the heat in their houses. The Finns start using long sleeves.

-20°C / -4°F
The Aussies flee from Mallorca. The Finns end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

-30°C / -22°F
People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth. The Finns start drying their laundry indoors.

-40°C / -40°F
Paris start cracking in the cold. The Finns stand in line at the hotdog stands.

-50°C / -58°F
Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole. The Finnish army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

-60°C / -76°F
Korvatunturi (the home for Santa Claus) freezes. The Finns rent a movie and stay indoors.

-70°C / -94°F
The false (=Swedish) Santa moves south. The Finns get frustrated since they can't store their Kossu (Koskenkorva vodka) outdoors. The Finnish army goes out on winter survival training.

-183°C / -297.4°F
Microbes in food don't survive. The Finnish cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

-273°C / -459.4°F
ALL atom-based movent halts. The Finns start saying "Damn it, it's cold outside today."

-300°C / -508°F
Hell freezes over, Finland wins the Eurovision Song Contest.

Hehehehehehehhehe good times!

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-02-12, 11:48 AM #2
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] That made my day.

------------------
Napalm is nature's toothpaste.
2004-02-12, 11:50 AM #3
<3

I wanna be a Finn when I grow up.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-12, 11:51 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">-10°C / 14°F
The Brits start the heat in their houses. The Finns start using long sleeves. </font>

At that temperature, the brits die. Seriousely, there was an article about that on BBC not too long ago.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-12, 11:58 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
At that temperature, the brits die. Seriousely, there was an article about that on BBC not too long ago.

</font>

If u continue to take a bash at the british I will take a bash at your lovely facial hair.
Only the old people die in -10. The younguns have sex in the snow, mmmm, nah, jk.

I only know one Finn, and if I may generalise, they RULE!!!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-02-12, 12:02 PM #6
that was the funniest thing I've seen all day

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-12, 12:07 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clan ruthervain:
If u continue to take a bash at the british I will take a bash at your lovely facial hair.
Only the old people die in -10. The younguns have sex in the snow, mmmm, nah, jk.
[/B]</font>

Oh please. Even Americans can admit that they'd freeze before the Finns. Granted, we'd last till -50... Unlike you dirty brits. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-12, 12:09 PM #8
Not all the people in America would survive to -50 below. Los Angeles would be screwed, but the five people that live in North Dakota would be fine. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-12, 12:09 PM #9
Hey, I hear it's up to six people now. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-12, 12:34 PM #10
at -29C/-20F, I start to comment that it's getting a bit cool outside... Others tell me I'm crazy, and throw on another coat. (I live in Michigan)

------------------
Nes digs around in the trash can.
Nes finds a hamburger!
Nes puts the hamburger in his backpack.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-02-12, 12:58 PM #11
Best thing I've read all day.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-02-12, 1:05 PM #12
After school, i needed that. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Signatures are overrated.

"You can run but you will only die tired."
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-02-13, 9:40 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Not all the people in America would survive to -50 below. Los Angeles would be screwed, but the five people that live in North Dakota would be fine. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

Possibly soon to be 9! Me and my family might be moving there. :P

------------------
"In the memory you'll find me. Eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly.
Untill the sun rises up."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-02-13, 9:50 AM #14
As a first finn to post....

WHAT THE BLOODY MOOG IS FAHRENHEIT!? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

That was sarcasm.

I can only say that last year we had maximum of +30 degrees of Celsius in summer. But anyways, I don't care about temperature.

I just want money and food. And´a moog. And ARP. And Fairlight. And...

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-02-13, 9:54 AM #15
And as a more stupider note (or actually a lame attempt to raise post count)... you forgot one thing:

+15°C
It is very cold. FastGamerr, from Finland, turns the central heating on.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan

[This message has been edited by FastGamerr (edited February 13, 2004).]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!