Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Heil Microsoft!
Heil Microsoft!
2004-02-12, 3:15 PM #1
[http://www.pwizard.com/heil_microsoft.jpg]

this may be old news, but what the hell is the swastika symbol doing in the Bookshelf 7 font?

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited February 12, 2004).]
2004-02-12, 3:16 PM #2
[http://12.220.246.6/img/biw.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-12, 3:19 PM #3
Personally, I grow tired of Microsoft threads. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-12, 3:20 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
Personally, I grow tired of Microsoft threads. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]</font>

Personally, Ive grown tired of Microsoft. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

------------------
2004-02-12, 3:23 PM #5
I grew tired of Microsoft like 6 years ago. And now bashing them is kind of out of style.
2004-02-12, 3:31 PM #6
Hey you can man mount all you want but I'm using Windows.

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-12, 3:36 PM #7
Most of the time when a person chooses a topic for WWII for a history report Nazi's are going to come up. Many people might want to show what symbol they used or something. I think it's a helpful thing. It is after all under the SYMBOLS section.

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-12, 3:43 PM #8
Actually, that's a hindu swastika, so pu pu to you!

(I'm pretty sure)

------------------
"With Great power comes great Responibility. Seems like the converse should be true as well. Now where the heck is my great Power?"

[This message has been edited by SMOCK! (edited February 12, 2004).]
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2004-02-12, 3:48 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
Hey you can man mount all you want but I'm using Windows.</font>

Get off that, will you?

------------------
2004-02-12, 3:48 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Actually, that's a hindu swastika, so pu pu to you!</font>

That's what I thought at first too. I'm not sure, but I think the hindu symbol goes the other way.

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-12, 3:49 PM #11
Microsoft released a Bookshelf Symbol 7 Font Removal Tool because of "unacceptable symbols". I guess a swastika qualifies.
2004-02-12, 3:51 PM #12
Actually, I think it is the hindu one :P

------------------
Contrafribularities
2004-02-12, 3:54 PM #13
Its not the Hindu one....

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-12, 3:56 PM #14
That is not the swastika the germans used. That is a different one.

The swastika was around a long time before the nazis got a hold of it...

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)

B'tduz: A popular dwarfish game which consists of standing a few feet apart and throwing large rocks at one another's head.

"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!" - His Grace His Excellency the Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.

Morituri Nolumus Mori
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-02-12, 4:01 PM #15
The Swastika's true/original meaning is one of luck.
The Nazi Swastika is rotated 45° from the original.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited February 12, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-12, 4:05 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Get off that, will you?

</font>

You just can't take it can you [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-12, 4:07 PM #17
The one you have selected isn't the nazi one, but the symbol right above the last one is. Frankly, I'm not suprised it's in there; It'd be kind of stupid to freak out about it.
2004-02-12, 4:30 PM #18
Yea, the one you selected isnt the German Swastika. So blah

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-12, 4:54 PM #19
Quote:
You just can't take it can you [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]</font>

Take what, your lack of understanding of Linux commands? You give yourself too much credit.

------------------
2004-02-12, 4:59 PM #20
Let's not forget that "NYC" means "Death to Jews is good."

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-12, 4:59 PM #21
Quote:
Hey you can man mount all you want but I'm using Windows.</font>

That doesn't sound quite right... lol
2004-02-12, 6:00 PM #22
This is awesome! I'll have to use that symbol in some of my research papers or something.

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-02-12, 6:13 PM #23
I'll let the fact that you're named 'Axis' speak for itself, thank you.
2004-02-13, 12:39 PM #24
I think it's stupid that everyone wants to deny the past and hide that symbol. Models of the Hindenburg have the symbol removed. How long did it take for that Hitler GI Joe to be pulled from the line?

It's ridiculous, I think the past means enough that you shouldn't hide it no matter how scary or embarasing it is.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-02-13, 12:51 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SithNazgul:
That is not the swastika the germans used. That is a different one.
</font>

Look at the row above the highlighted one.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-02-13, 1:37 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mano:
Look at the row above the highlighted one.

</font>

I never even spotted that one until now.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-13, 1:47 PM #27
That is so funny... you mistook the innocent one, but the Nazi one is actually there.

It was SO close to getting away! Must've shot itself......in the foot. Somehow. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-02-13, 1:50 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
That is so funny... you mistook the innocent one, but the Nazi one is actually there.

It was SO close to getting away! Must've shot itself......in the foot. Somehow. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

The funny part is that Microsoft considers the Bookshelf 7 replacement patch to be a "critical" update. Check the win update site, you'll see it.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!