Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Explore Holland!
Explore Holland!
2003-12-09, 7:26 AM #1
http://www.geodata.alterra.nl/website/lufo2000/viewer.htm

You can zoom plenty. And I mean plenty! There was a similar service of the USA, but I think you have to pay for it now.

Post some cool stuff you spot!

------------------
Council of Krok
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2003-12-09, 8:46 AM #2
Pretty nifty. I've been across that northern bridge/dam when I lived in Luxembourg. Incidentally it was just in 1994 (I think, maybe 1995?) when the rain started piling up and there were the worst floods in the Netherlands for many many years. Absolutely insane weather then. Non-stop hard rain and enormous waves crashing from the Atlantic into the dam. Trivia: Finland manufactured the large rubber "carpet" that the foundations lie on.

Anyhow. Take a look at Amsterdam's luverly concentric canals. Mmmmm... ringy. Or the sprawling Schiphol airport. Or some of the largest freight docks in the world. Or for you history nuts, find Arnhem and admire the bridge.

Niiiice country *pat pat*.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2003-12-09, 9:06 AM #3
Does this ever finish loading?

------------------
You underestimate the power of the Dark Side...

DSettahr's Homepage
2003-12-09, 9:07 AM #4
Wait there it goes. Pretty interesting site. I think the service you were referring to for the US was terraserve... but it was no where near as well designed as this...

------------------
You underestimate the power of the Dark Side...

DSettahr's Homepage
2003-12-09, 9:21 AM #5
Neat. I visited the US NIMA facility... I think that's the right acronym... the one dealing with all the maps and satellites and they said that it was now illegal for the US government to photograph the US like this, but private companies could be contacted by the government if they needed satellite photos... kind of a weird loophole.

------------------
~amor sui~
<< schming stout >>
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2003-12-09, 9:26 AM #6
I can explore Holland on my bike. That's way easier. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

EDIT: Found my own home. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

[This message has been edited by gothicX (edited December 09, 2003).]
2003-12-09, 10:08 AM #7
Why can't they do one for a country that doesn't suck? I'd like to see one for China.

------------------
I have become Death, destroyer of newbs.
Statavad-Gita 8:14
:master::master::master:
2003-12-09, 10:13 AM #8
/me spies on...Nieuwegein

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-09, 10:58 AM #9
my city has one that you can zoom in heaps as well. you can see people at the schools.

------------------
your curiosity will get the better of YOU one day.
alpha1: winner of the 2003 tfti award.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly. :)
</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spork:
Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'</font>
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%

↑ Up to the top!