Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Next Step
The Next Step
2004-02-12, 4:32 PM #1
w00t! 1337 posts!

Anyways:
How are high school seniors doing with college decisions? Where are you applying? Where have you been accepted? What do you plan to major in?

I've applied to 4 places and gotten acceptance letters from Georgia Tech and Clemson University. I'm hopefully gonna go to GT and probably major in Aerospace Engineering. I haven't heard anything from Tulane or Virginia Tech yet.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-12, 4:36 PM #2
My good friends go to Tulane. Good school

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-12, 4:48 PM #3
I mostly applied to Tulane because of my family history at the school. My mother's whole family either worked or went there.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-12, 4:54 PM #4
I'm planning to major in psychology.
2004-02-12, 4:58 PM #5
I have a friend who goes to Clemson, who's majoring in Electrical Engineering. He likes it a lot, apparnetly its a big party school.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-12, 5:03 PM #6
going to Wright State University, planning on majoring in computer science (maybe double majoring with computer engineering)

------------------
*landfish 'splodes*
7 of 14
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-02-12, 5:12 PM #7
Applied a couple places, decided on the University of Illinois, going to major in Computer Science.

It's awesome. U of I has one of the top five CS departments in the nation and is quote unquote highly competitive. Sobering too, though. I got in because of a 34 on the ACTs and a great recommendation from my guidance counselor. My future was largely determined by a few hours filling in bubbles in a huge room packed with students and permeated with the smell of fear.

[This message has been edited by Ictus (edited February 12, 2004).]
2004-02-12, 6:23 PM #8
I put a link in another thread you might find useful, so I'll put it here, too:
www.fafsa.ed.gov - FREE application for FREE government money for college.

[edit: link fixy]

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited February 12, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-13, 8:47 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
I put a link in another thread you might find useful, so I'll put it here, too:
www.fafsa.ed.gov - FREE application for FREE government money for college.

[edit: link fixy]

</font>

Already taking care of that... oh and I got accepted to Penn State and I'm starting in late June/ early July.
No sig.
2004-02-13, 8:54 AM #10
Don't forget to load up on hints; you'll always find something to regret if you don't know ahead of time...

I'm currently attending Central Michigan University. It's at about the bottom of the list for major Universities. I got accepted for U of M, but I was only 16 at the time, and didn't want to move out at such a young age. I'll likely be transfering after I finish my first major... Political Science, and it only requires 30 hours of classes!

------------------
Nes digs around in the trash can.
Nes finds a hamburger!
Nes puts the hamburger in his backpack.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-02-13, 9:20 AM #11
Im thinking about either going to RIT and getting a computer science degree of some sort or go to Columbia or somewhere to get a degree in Political Science

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-13, 3:20 PM #12
i was thinking Coastal Carolina, thay give out degrees in 'beach'...
i'll be going to spartinburg methodist collage this fall, just basic corces (including english...) maby an actual BS degree in somehting later.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-02-13, 4:06 PM #13
Wow, it's like there's some kind of psychic link. I was just going to start this very sort of topic when I logged on, only more towards finding a college than posting one. Freakalicious.

Anywho, I'm looking for colleges with strong foundation for graphic design, game design, computer science, or CGI animation for a major. This being a site for computer nerds (:P) I figured someone out there may have a better idea than I do. Anyone out there going into this type of field? Any recommendations?

And, so I don't get blamed for hijacking this thread, I'm thinking about going to Colorado University at Boulder.

------------------
Tell me not in mournful numbers, Life is but an empty dream, For the soul is dead that slumbers, and things are not as they seem. Life is real, Life is ernest, the grave is not it's goal; Dust thou art, Dust thou returnest, Was not spoken of the soul.
~William Shakespeare
People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only
if there is a light from within.
-Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
2004-02-13, 4:11 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
My good friends go to Tulane. Good school

</font>

Hey I got a letter from them but im just a sophomore so ive got plenty of time. Is it a pretty good school? What kinds of things is it big in?

------------------
Madquack and Firbnic have a signature.
Remnant Temple Part A beta test.
Light And Darkness

[This message has been edited by Prince Xizor (edited February 13, 2004).]
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-02-13, 4:17 PM #15
The next big thing they are into is Mardi Gras! *puts on beads*
On a more serious note, I know they do a lot of architecture stuff seeing as how they are in a perfect city for it. I don't know much else.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bobbert006 (edited February 13, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!