Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Republic Commando update
Republic Commando update
2004-02-13, 7:39 AM #1
Just noticed this at lucasarts.com - http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/

Game details are good.

------------------
"And I listen for the whisper of your sweet insanity, while I formulate denials of your affect on me. You're a stranger, so what do I care. Vanish today, not the first time I hear, all the lies..."
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
2004-02-13, 9:22 AM #2
Trandosian Slaver shotgun... mmmm

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-13, 10:05 AM #3
I guess it looks cool. But the weapons and the action, from what I see, doesn't look wonderfully good. Then again, I could be wrong...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-13, 10:55 AM #4
The screeens look pretty good to me.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-13, 12:20 PM #5
It looks like a cartoon.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-13, 12:51 PM #6
I think I've finally given up on any new Star Wars games.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-13, 1:45 PM #7
Hmmm, I'm not getting the 'Star Wars feel' very much from those screenies. They remind me of Halo more than Star Wars. I'm thinking it's the armor and the dark lighting. Stormtrooper and Clonetrooper armor tends to be smooth, and that Commando armor looks fairly angular. The lighting in Star Wars is hardly ever shadowy, but it seems that this whole game will be in low-light situations.

I do like how your view is from inside the helmet though--very cool. I think this game could do well if they would 'Star Wars' it up a bit--like using Aurabesh in your HUD as seen in the trailer.

------------------
Check out updates for my editing work at the Shadow Jedi Academy.
2004-02-13, 1:52 PM #8
The pictures won't appear for me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-13, 2:00 PM #9
Reminds me of Metroid Prime.
2004-02-13, 2:04 PM #10
[http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/images/screenshots/12.jpg]

Metroid Prime?

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-13, 2:35 PM #11
I dare say unless it has some sort of epic ground battle, It's going to suck.

------------------
If everyone in the world were smart There would be no stupid people.
2004-02-13, 2:38 PM #12
It's primarilty squad based, similar to America's Army or Raven Shield

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-13, 7:20 PM #13
I think it looks awesome!
2004-02-13, 10:19 PM #14
Interesting, they had an entirely different set of concept art loaded at the LucasArts site this morning; stuff like Clonetroopers jumping out of Republic Gunships and such. Anywho, there are a bunch of screenshots over at Gamespot that are pretty sweet; I like this one right here the most. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"And I listen for the whisper of your sweet insanity, while I formulate denials of your affect on me. You're a stranger, so what do I care. Vanish today, not the first time I hear, all the lies..."

[This message has been edited by Mr. Alias (edited February 14, 2004).]
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
2004-02-14, 10:06 AM #15
"Anywho"? Nice. I'm not sure if I'm gonna run out to buy this game, despite my love of squad-based games....

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.

↑ Up to the top!