Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Decisions Decisions Decisions.
Decisions Decisions Decisions.
2004-02-13, 5:49 PM #1
Okay, I'm dling something via BitTorrent, and as we all know that makes online gaming IMPOSSIBLE. So...decisions. Here's what I have to choose from:

10 Episodes of Farscape
Listen to Music...not too appealing
WarCraft 3, middle of Undead Campaign
Install Vampire: the Masquerade
Play KotOR (in the friggin plains)
Play Jedi Academy (At Sith Temple part thingy)
Install and Play Deus Ex, but I'm stuck
Install and Play Call of Duty once again
Install and Play Halo, and see if I can't get past my current situation
Find something interesting to do online

Figured you guys could help me out there if nowhere else. I await input...

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-13, 5:52 PM #2
Call of Duty

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council
2004-02-14, 12:24 AM #3
Where are you stuck in DX?

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-14, 1:37 AM #4
DX/CoD/Halo

any will do

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-14, 3:29 AM #5
? My audioplayer runs the whole day

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2004-02-14, 4:07 AM #6
WC3/DX/JA/KotOR

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-02-14, 4:08 AM #7
Yah I just don't want to ONLY listen to music. And in DX I've just gotten out of the mole people place, and I'm infiltrating the base...thingy. I have no idea how to get past this part, as everytime I get anywhere close to figuring it out...the damn robot armies come in and get me. *Twitch, Twitch*. And I don't want to install CoD for one reason--I only beat it a week ago...but still an option.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-14, 5:52 AM #8
The little Robot guards on the treads or whatnot?

Try EMPing them if you have it. That or explosives. Both methods mean you kinda can't get shot at while you do it though. It's tough, but I think the best way is to figure out their paths and time it so you can strike when they're turned around.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-14, 5:56 AM #9
Farscape
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-14, 7:47 AM #10

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-14, 2:47 PM #11
Don't use s***torrent. it's getting incredibly slow for me. I either prefer direct FTP or Mirc for getting ...stuff. Occasionally, you can find good stuff on BRturbo, but to connect I have to reroute using a proxy address through flashget.

I'm not going to ask you whether you're d/ling warez or anything like that (seeing how its none of my business) but if you are, get stuff from respected sources like DEViANCE, Fairlight, or iMMERSION. Stuff from anywhere else may have viruses or malicious code in it.

As for how i know all of this.... thats not important. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-14, 2:49 PM #12
im pretty sure he wasnt asking about bit torrent

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-14, 2:54 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MBeggar:
im pretty sure he wasnt asking about bit torrent

</font>

I'm just telling him that there are better ways to get what he's looking for. Using torrent is almost as bad as p2p. The reason is that torrents are usually good when the links are new and lots of people have the file, but when they get old, they seldom work b/c few people still have the file. Even worse, the riaa and many other people are planting fake torrent files that have viruses in them.

Torrent used to be good, but it's gone south in the past few years.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-14, 3:38 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Using torrent is almost as bad as p2p.</font>

. . . Bit Torrent IS p2p, isn't it?

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-14, 3:39 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
...Torrent used to be good, but it's gone south in the past few years.</font>

BT is still good. Trust me on this.

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-14, 3:52 PM #16
Go outside and get some fresh air. Meet a chick. Get some sweet sweet luvvin'...

But that's just what I'd recommend.
2004-02-14, 3:53 PM #17
Halo. > Girls.

------------------
Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow, cloud and shade, all shall fade. All shall fade.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-14, 7:10 PM #18
Well said, and BT is still good. I get plenty of "stuff" from it. Daily. Contact me Dj Yoshmo (AIM) for information on the "stuff." [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!