Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Problems with a teacher.
Problems with a teacher.
2004-02-13, 4:37 PM #1
(I'm letting off steam, this is a LONG post, and I swore a little in it. I hope the filters catch it, if they don't my apologies. Anyone who manages to read all the way through it, I'd like an opinion at the end.)

I say it upfront. I freaking HATE this specific teacher. I don't even know how she keeps her job.

Now I'll explain why. When I registered for classes last year, I signed up for a Networking II class. A continuation of what I had last year. It was a small class, only 8 of us, 4 of whom were seniors. So the other 4 of us signed up. The school decided to drop the class because no one else aside from us signed up for it. So we got dropped into this E-Commerce class.

I'd heard horrible things about this teacher, so I expected bad, but thought maybe the class would be ok. God was I wrong.

Since the beginning of the year, I'll swear to you I've learned NOTHING. This teacher consistently *****es at every student in the room. When you walk in, you're almost afraid to get comfortable, becuase she has a tendency to move people all around for little apparent reason. I've been moved three times, other people get moved at least once a week. Whispering to the person next to you is usually all it takes. She doesn't want you to be happy. I can name at least 15 seperate occasions where she's threatened to write someone up for laughing or smiling. When you tell her the truth about anything she doesn't believe you. She's a computer teacher who knows zlich about what she's really teaching. She's a hypocrite. I'll swear she has a bad case of short-term memory loss as well. Case in point, last week she told us as soon as class started that she was in a good mood and we could sit where we wanted and listen to music, as long as it was quiet. Fifteen different people get out some CDs to play and the class is talking. It is, by any sane human's definatition, quiet. Fourty-Five seconds later, she turns to this one black kid, who is doing just like everyone else, and starts yelling at him to get outside becuase he changed his seat, was listening to music, and talking. He sat there and explained what she'd said. She denied it. The class then jumps in and tries to help the poor guy out. She STILL denies it. In the end, he got removed from class and written up for "insubordination". From what I'm told, the administrator took one look at it, saw who it was from, ripped up the refferral, and let the kid hang out in the office. I'm also told this happens quite frequently and that sometimes the student never even SEES the administrator, the security guard who pulls the kid out rips up.

This crap goes one almost every class. I tried being patient and kind and polite. It gets me nowhere. This lady gives no respect to anyone. So here is my current position. Last month I finally reached my breaking point and as soon as I got outside I literally let loose screaming. It was nice. The annoying part though, is I spend 90 minutes trying to keep my cool in there, and then spend 2 hours trying to relax let it go afterwards. So, I reached my breaking point, and decided that since I'm giving and not recieving, she can just go to hell and I'll be a smart *** , a pain, give her the respect she deserves (NOTHING), and generally act to her how she does to us. Perhaps not the best of ideas, but I've had it, and if I get written up, so be it. Probably not the best attitude either. Anyways, I'll end this part of my rant here and move on.

Wendesday of this week, she was off doing a computer performance test thingie, so we didn't have her (YEA!). Instead we moved next door to this other computer teacher's room. I have this teacher for my accounting class. She is awesome and pretty much the complete opposite of my e-commerce teacher. She only really blows her top when you really ask for it. This I've only seen once. So I'm in this room and reading the forums while she hands out the work left for us. Some workbook from which we were assigned sections to do. The section I had was NOT in the book. Now, this nice teacher said I could do another section. I explained that I didn't see the point really, the rest were taken, and when we "presented" the sections in class next time I'd just be redundant. She agreeded as long as I kept myself busy. I did so.

Next class we're back with the witch. As I walked in she pulled me aside and told me I needed to stay after school sometime and make up the work I didn't do. I explained everything that happened and the fact that it wasn't even IN the book and she refused to accept that. I said whatever and sat down. As the class progressed, we found out she'd given everyone a zero for the work done the prior class. Now, everyone did the work on the computer and printed it, she had the work, but gave everyone a zero becuase "none of the answers made sense". A normal teacher would have figured out by the third zero on completed work like this, that something was amiss. She just ignored it. You want to know the reason? She gave the other teacher the wrong books. So the work we did the prior class was pretty much null and void. Yet everyone still has a zero. She what's her bright idea? We do DOUBLE the work in this class period. That means doing each section over from the right book and presenting it. The presentation grade will go in over the zeros. Most of my other sane teachers would have given credit for what WAS done, even if in error, and then added that presentation grade in seperately. So as she hands me my section she still insists I come after to make up this work. I ask why seeing as I have NO reasons to do so now. I mean, she gave us the wrong book, is not giving us credit for what was done, and the zero she's given me for not doing anything will be replaced by this presentation grade. Someone inform me exactly what the hell I'm supposed to make up here! I look her dead in the eyes and say, "Sure, but what exactly am I making up..." and I proceed to explain what I just told you guys. Her response? "You need to make this up." This broken record conversation continued for another 3 minutes until she threatened me with a referral. I was quite tired of trying to pull slivers of information, so I sat down. Then she tells me if I don't do this (make up the work) she'll call my mom. Go right ahead, I say, my mom will side with me. That was the end of that.

So, to put an end on this long post (My apologies for that, before I told the story I though it would be necessary to actually have a feeling for how much of an idiot this woman is), what would you do? As near as I can tell, the ONLY thing I'd be doing is wasting my time. If I made up ANYTHING, it be the 90 minutes she claims I did nothing in, which is stupid becuase it was the wrong stuff and isn't counted anyway.

Gah. I seriously don't think most of this even makes SENSE anymore. I apologise for that as well.

Anyways, my decision is to simply ignore her and not worry about it. I can foresee no ill effects and I see no point in doing it. So what would you do?

I'll leave now.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-13, 4:50 PM #2
Yep. Some teachers suck. I had and Englgih teacher in high school that got mad at me because I got an A on a test (he was hoping everyone would do poorly). You just have to deal. There's a good chance you'll be running into other people like this in the future.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-13, 4:53 PM #3
I kinda have that problem, only not as severely. My Algebra 2 teacher hates me because I'm a Sophomore (here that class is junior-level) and I learn the entire lesson and do all my homework before I'm done with class. Whatever. But yah, last semester I had a Survey Comp Sci teacher who was a real pain and didn't know jack diddly about squat. When doing the HTML section she asked a kid "How do you keep the background to stay the same??" Yah. And I only took that class because I got an 89 instead of a 90 (A) in that Algebra I, So I couldn't take C Programming. Ergh. Good luck with this doozy though, she sounds like a real ditz.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-13, 5:23 PM #4
What you don't know, phoenix, is that every day your teacher goes home and meets with a group of middle-aged women just like her and they all say things like "You won't believe what I put this kid through today!" and they all laugh about how seriously you all take this. Either that or she has some HUGE personal problems. I suspect the latter.

Seriously though, don't take her so seriously. If she's blowing her top and you're standing there smiling, you've got the advantage. Do something thoughtful for her for Valentine's Day, like sign up her e-mail account for pr0n spam.
2004-02-13, 5:28 PM #5
She is. If it would have been at all possible, I would've tried to get a transfer to a Networking I class again. It was fun, interesting, and I actually have applied some of what I learned. Here, I'm learning nothing. We started HTML last month. I don't know much about HTML coding. By the end of the year, I still won't. She'd impossible to... forget it, I'll just start again if I continue.

What I'd love to do, since this is my last year, is get a few members of the class together and arrange a meeting with the principal, who is, by the way, one of the coolest people at my school, and explain to him exactly what goes on. In shorter terms, try to get her fired. Myself and several other people believe she has mental problems and possibly problems at home that she brings to work with her.

I've seen bad teachers, she ranks number one right now. There is right at no excuse for the things she does.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2004-02-13, 5:31 PM #6
Complain. It's the school's job to ensure you get a proper education, and if she's proving detrimental to your situation, she has no right to be there.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-02-13, 6:09 PM #7
My thoughts are that if the administration / security officials already know she's nuts and tear up her referrals, that your attempts to 'bring her to light' will be in vain. They know she's not a good teacher, but they're not up to firing her, otherwise they already would've. What you *should* do is bring to light that fact. If the administration is proving detremental to your education by not firing a horrible teacher, then you could have a whole bunch of fun. A cool guy or not, your principal is not doing his job. His overlooking of her behavior (assuming she actually is as bad as you say, which I've got a teacher whose a real ***** and a crank so I tend to believe you) is simply unacceptable.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-13, 6:30 PM #8
I have a weird teacher...she even has her own website. She's really creepy, poking students with a yardstick as she walks around, and she's obsessed with Bill and Ted (of Excellent Adventure fame) besides. Doesn't sound half as bad as your teacher, though. You'd be surprised what you have the power to do, though. I once assisted in getting my English teacher fired. Don't worry, he deserved it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------@%

The Matrix: Unplugged

I'm a C4D b****!
2004-02-13, 6:48 PM #9
You shouldn't have to put up with this. If you talk to your principal and he does nothing, then talk to the superintendant of the district. If they do nothing, then go to the state. I don't know where you live, but the schools around here roll over to make sure they don't make any parents mad. Get the ***** fired.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-14, 12:23 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
I have a weird teacher...she even has her own website. She's really creepy, poking students with a yardstick as she walks around, and she's obsessed with Bill and Ted (of Excellent Adventure fame) besides. Doesn't sound half as bad as your teacher, though. You'd be surprised what you have the power to do, though. I once assisted in getting my English teacher fired. Don't worry, he deserved it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

But that's in Santa Cruz and that's to be expected from Santa Cruz [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-14, 1:04 AM #11
Your teacher + a baseball bat = Education - annoying problems = Proper education and skill learning -> Happiness

------------------
"I like pie alot.
Thats why i look like a pie.
With banana cream."

-Unknown artist
2004-02-14, 4:10 AM #12
Where x=Your teacher, y=Baseball Bat, and z=infinity, xy^z=happy [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-14, 4:18 AM #13
petition her out man

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-02-14, 4:29 AM #14
My Suggestion : Aquire a gun and go matrix on her....
2004-02-14, 6:07 AM #15
While I'd love to do the last few things listed, I don't think those are valid options. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

We have 4 "Administrators". Each one carries students based upon the letters of the sudents last name. Ex. A-G goes to one guy, H-M goes to another, etc. The Principal never deals with refferals, so I doubt he knows much about it. I think I'll take the suggestion though and make a point of speaking with him. I would have done so sooner, but I doubt the school would have done much seeing as it's somewhat inconvient to fire and hire a teacher mid-way through the year.

I don't know...

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
Last Stand
2004-02-14, 6:13 AM #16
Maybe you can't get rid of her this year, but at least you could beel better knowing that noone else will have to suffer in the future.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-14, 6:34 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:

</font>

That sounds like a great teacher to me!
A) Bill and Ted are awesome
B) All of my college professors have websites for their classes. Being able to check your grades and receive notices online is incredibly useful.

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-02-14, 6:34 AM #18
the smester is only so long, it will be over

why dident you try to pick up another class if you herd that teacher was waco?

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-02-14, 6:44 AM #19
Jeez, if I were you, I'd take every necessary action to ensure she gets fired. From what you say, she's unprofessional, unorganized, uncoordinated, and maybe even a bit racist (I could be wrong on that one). Start a petition and have students sign it who think she should be fired. Do whatever you can. Someone like that has no right to be in the teaching profession. If the administrators at your school won't do anything, talk with their supers. Remember, there's always someone higher in authority.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-14, 7:01 AM #20
I would suggest talking to some of the people in your class and get them to tell their parents. Try to get them to have their parents have a discussion with the principal. If that doesn't work, then get the parents to take it to a higher level. There is no reason a teacher like that should be allowed to remain at *any* school.
2004-02-14, 7:52 AM #21
Sue her for emotional damages!

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council
2004-02-14, 9:02 AM #22
I would tell her off in front of the class. She already hates you anyway, so its not like you have anything to lose.

1.) ask her what the f*** her problem is. Explain to her that you're trying to get something out of the class and that everyone would appreciate it if she would back off a little. If you have to, demand fair treatment.

2.) If #1 doesn't work, try and organize a student strike for that class. Basically, have everyone in the class picket outside while the class is supposed to be in session.
If the school administrator gets on your case for doing this, explain why you are striking and say that you are only asking for reasonable and fair treatment.

It sounds like the school admins already sympathesize(sp?) with your cause, considering that they tear up referrals from that teacher and everything.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-14, 11:01 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
2.) If #1 doesn't work, try and organize a student strike for that class. Basically, have everyone in the class picket outside while the class is supposed to be in session.
If the school administrator gets on your case for doing this, explain why you are striking and say that you are only asking for reasonable and fair treatment.
</font>

I highly doubt this will work, unless your admins are really cool cats. This is the kind of thing where, while it would make a point, it is a bit too drastic, IMO.
I think you should talk to your friends, and to your parents, and arrange a meeting with the principle (You, parents, other parents) to talk about the situation.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-14, 11:56 AM #24
Normally, high school students have no clue whats in their best interests, but in your case, well, you definately have a case. Have you tried getting a group of students together from your class and going and talking to the administration? That happened in my school, and the students were successfull in getting the teacher removed.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-14, 12:55 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaotic Ghost:
My Suggestion : Aquire a gun and go matrix on her....</font>

that's not only a bad idea... it's a RETARDED idea... even the idea to even jokingly suggest it is retarded...

anyway...

I've has a few insane teachers but nothing like that... sounds like she could use some serious therapy/medication

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-14, 1:00 PM #26
*ships some prozac to phoenix_9286's teacher*

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-14, 1:24 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CygnusX:
That sounds like a great teacher to me!
A) Bill and Ted are awesome
B) All of my college professors have websites for their classes. Being able to check your grades and receive notices online is incredibly useful.

</font>

Good point. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] I don't really mind the class all that much, but she is kind of weeeeeeeird. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2004-02-14, 1:29 PM #28
pheonix: I envy you. I wish I were in your position. I love to **** with retarded teachers. It's so much fun to watch them get pissed. And it sounds like I'd get off easy. That would only make it so much better. *contented sigh*

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-14, 2:27 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
I highly doubt this will work, unless your admins are really cool cats. This is the kind of thing where, while it would make a point, it is a bit too drastic, IMO.
I think you should talk to your friends, and to your parents, and arrange a meeting with the principle (You, parents, other parents) to talk about the situation.

</font>

In college, that would be the best course of action. There, the teachers are basically your equals if you are a student. They can't force you to do anything you don't want to do, but they can still grade you down for it. Basically, they trust that you are smart enough to manage your own life, which is the way that I preferred even back in high school.

In college, you can do whatever the hell you want (as long as it doesn't violate municipal, state, or federal law) and no one can stop you like they could back in high school.

It's weird-- I remember back when I turned 18 back in High school. I was technically an adult, but my rights didn't mean s*** as far as the admins were concerned. You still had to answer to them and play by their rules.

In college, you can do what you want (good or bad) , but in return, you had better be ready to assume responibility for whatever you do.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-14, 2:48 PM #30
bite the bullet.

btw thrawn... when i clicked that link... as the page was loading i just burst out laughing... before i even saw the content. I just found it so d4mn funny for some reason.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2004-02-14, 3:18 PM #31
Everybody join the missrumens.com message boards!

------------------
"Your entire base belongs to us."

"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2004-02-14, 3:47 PM #32
I hate to break this to you, but in most school situations it is virtually impossible to get a teacher fired for "doing a bad job". Unless she is violating some aspect of her contract, or doing something blatantly illegal, there's very little you can do other than just bite your tongue and wait for the end of the year. The NEA, the teacher union, is a big advocate for the rights of teachers, and if one is fired under the guise of "doing a bad job", they are going to demand documented evidence (more than just student testimony - we're talking recordings, documents, etc.) or else they are going to slap a massive lawsuit on the district. Now, they may not win, but that would create a lot of bad publicity and bills for the school, which in the eyes of the administration is far less preferable than just allowing an ineffective ***** to keep doing nothing for money.

The other thing you may want to keep in mind is that teacher pay/hiring/firing is typically done on the basis of seniority. If there are budget cutbacks and a teacher has to go, it'll be the one who has been there the least amount of time. Also, raises are not based upon performance; rather, they are based upon a scale that ups pay with number of years served.

When I was in middle school, there was a Spanish teacher who did nothing but show English language movies over and over to her class, AND she was constantly in drug rehab. The school couldn't fire her because she had not violated an actual part of her contract. My father, who teaches at that school, informs me that she still works there.

Teaching, sadly, is a profession where you need to be highly motivated to do a good job on your own, since there is no real motivation from the fear of being fired/having your pay cut.
2004-02-14, 4:46 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Janitor Bob:
Everybody join the missrumens.com message boards!

</font>

Holy CRAP, she has message boards? Oh dear god.
2004-02-14, 4:57 PM #34
I'd just drop the class if it was that bad. After, of course, doing everything else in my power to remedy the situation.

I know that after teachers work 5 years or so, they are pretty much guaranteed their jobs. Many teachers from my old school hung onto that thread.

------------------
Eat the pudding.
2004-02-14, 5:49 PM #35
Whether she's done wrong or not, she sounds like a real @#$% to me. I'd like to say I have worse, but I can't. I've got one teacher (english) who gives insane work and almost everyone hates the class. Some not only hate it, but "hate it with a paaaion". Some comments toward her are "Jeez! she's old, fat, lazy, and going bald!"

If I were you, I wouldn't try to get myself in trouble while "protesting". The most I'd do is get together with my friends and talk about what a frigging @#$% [teacher] is.

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-02-14, 5:50 PM #36
I'll try to go in order starting with Elana14.

I didn't grab another class becuase a) I thought it wouldn't be THIS bad and b) because that really isn't anything else I'd like to take.

DogSRoOL: I'm already thinking of a petition type document. As far as I can tell, she isn't racist, she just *****es to everyone about the same amount. The kid I mentioned is only a recent example.

Pagewizard: 1) has been done actually. Not with the profanity, but it's been done. The result was a short exchange of yelling followed by the kid being removed for disrupting class. I'm pretty sure 2) wouldn't work. I'm not sure I mentioned or made it clear above, but this tearing up of referrals is only what I've HEARD. I have no hard evidence of this. I take it with a grain of salt, but don't doubt that it could be happening.

happydud: In an ideal world, where I had lots of time to work on such a thing, a meeting such as you describe would be perfect. As it stands though, the best I may end up getting if I follow through it myself and a few friends meeting with the principal. MAYBE we could get some parents involved, but it's unlikely.

DSettahr: I'm working on getting a group together.

Kieran Horn: No... just... No.

fingarez: I realize that it may be virtually impossible. At the very least, I want to bring it to their attention what exactly goes down in that room and maybe have the administration discuss her actions with her. As for documented evidence, I know what I tell him won't be enough which is exactly why I've been trying to think of a way to record the class discussion. All I'd need is the audio. But yea, I know I'd need evidence to back myself up.

Connection Problem: God knows I'd LOVE to drop the class. Unfortunately, I can't do that this late in the year.

Now, like any class, in any school, at any location in the world pretty much, we have stupid people in the class who like to screw around. Those people should be yelled at, thrown out, etc. However, she doesn't yell just at them, she yells and flips out on everyone. And it isn't a simple raising of the voice like most teachers, this can be an all out yelling. Like I keep saying though, before I make any moves, there is alot more I need to consider and think about. My english teacher (right at the coolest teacher I have this year and the best english teacher I've had in about 6 years) is a former lawyer and a pretty knowledgeable and intelligent guy (why am I saying this... you have to be to be a lawyer...) I think I'm going to speak with him about it and see what he'd do. Being a teacher, he has insight I don't.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
Last Stand
2004-02-14, 6:48 PM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
As for documented evidence, I know what I tell him won't be enough which is exactly why I've been trying to think of a way to record the class discussion. All I'd need is the audio.</font>

A tape recorder you can fit in your pocket and a small microphone you could put in your sleeve. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] Heck, I'd give you mine if I could. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

[This message has been edited by Thrawn42689 (edited February 14, 2004).]
2004-02-14, 6:55 PM #38
It's illegal to record someone without their knowledge of it. So make sure to say "I'm recording this" into the tape player, even if she doesn't hear you. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------

Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-14, 6:59 PM #39
This I did not know. Thanks for the heads up. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
Last Stand
2004-02-14, 7:46 PM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It's illegal to record someone without their knowledge of it.</font>

Only about a dozen states require both parties to consent to a recording. NC isn't one of them.

[This message has been edited by Argath (edited February 14, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!