Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ways to always win a debate.
Ways to always win a debate.
2004-02-14, 6:10 PM #1
Long ago and far away, someone posted a list here of 10 (I think it was 10) ways to always win a debate or something along those lines.

One of the things I know was on the list was "That sounds like something Hitler would say." I think another was "Are you offending my religion." though I'm not sure.

Does anyone know where this is and/or re-post it? I want to show it to a few people at school.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-14, 6:24 PM #2
No.

and i wanted to come into this thread and go ahahah you can never win couse i never tire of arguements... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

oh here is a quote i herd one time "once you raise your voice you have lost the arguement"

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-02-14, 6:40 PM #3
Those are idiotic reasons for a debate to end.

Basically you just touch on a sensetive topic and hope the guy is too big of a wimp to continue.

I'm sorry, I just consider that a very low-level debate skill.
2004-02-14, 6:44 PM #4
http://www.rinkworks.com/persuasive/

You ask, I deliver.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-14, 6:52 PM #5
One easy way to win a debate:

Kill your opponent. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

If by chance you still loose, you really suck at debating and should find a better hobby.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-14, 7:05 PM #6
Reason for this reply: This is a forum based of a star wars game [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

Subliminal messages are important components of a persuasive argument. Why? Because subliminal messages cannot be argued against. If your opponent doesn't know you are suggesting things to his subconscious mind, what possible rebuttal can he have? Convey subliminal messages by whispering under your breath quietly enough so that your opponent does not consciously hear.

* Opponent: "I'm afraid you'll have to come with me."
* You: "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
------------------
"So there I was completely naked and covered in tartar sauce..."

[This message has been edited by Charlie (edited February 14, 2004).]
Ya know? Common sense? Not really that common...
2004-02-14, 7:15 PM #7
BobTheMasher's Quick And Easy Ways To Always Be Right:

1. "Yeah, but still." Context: Opponent utterly decimates your argument with logic and facts.

2. "But it would be awesome." Context: Opponent utterly decimates the practicality of your suggestion.

Example:

"Dude, we should tape giant wooden wings onto our cars and drive them off of a cliff. To see who goes farther."
"That's retarded. Neither of us has a car."
"But it'd be awesome."
"....well, even if we did, there's no way wooden wings would hold up a car."
"Yeah, but still."
"Okay, I guess you're ALWAYS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING. Let's do it."
"Yeah."

------------------
WOOSH.
-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-02-14, 7:19 PM #8
Wooden wings, eh? That'll give me something to do tomorrow. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-14, 8:09 PM #9
Im pretty sure just farting is the best way to win a debate. Try it.

------------------
Dont press the red button. Whatever you do, DO NOT press the red button......you just pressed the red button didnt you?
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2004-02-14, 8:14 PM #10
*fart*
[http://www.webwaymonsters.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif]

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."

[This message has been edited by KOP_Snake (edited February 14, 2004).]
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-02-14, 9:48 PM #11
Hey phoenix

I remember posting this - http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/029925.html

Also note that I quoted from an anonymous source. The real writer is probably easy to find though.

Have fun with it...
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2004-02-15, 4:06 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:

Basically you just touch on a sensetive topic and hope the guy is too big of a wimp to continue.

</font>

It's a joke. They're not to be taken seriously.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-15, 5:22 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
One easy way to win a debate:

Kill your opponent. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
</font>

Ah, the Christian way.

------------------
I have become Death, destroyer of newbs.
Statavad-Gita 8:14
:master::master::master:
2004-02-15, 5:37 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stat:
Ah, the Christian way.</font>

That sounds like something Hitler would say.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-15, 5:37 AM #15
It's an article by Dave Barry.
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2004-02-15, 5:38 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Ways to always win a debate. </font>

1.) Don't post in one.

------------------
Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow, cloud and shade, all shall fade, all shall fade.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-15, 8:12 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
That sounds like something Hitler would say.

</font>

Are you offending his religion?

YES. Thank you Tenshu, that is exactly waht I wanted. Happydud's is great too. I've got both of them printed.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-15, 8:24 AM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:

</font>

Jesus christ man how could you possibly not recognize such an obvious joke?
2004-02-15, 11:28 AM #19
Dont compare apples to oranges.

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-02-15, 12:53 PM #20
Apples are red and odd shapped, oranges are orange and round. Apples can also be yellow and green (maybe something else?). Apples have smooth skin while oranges have the skin of Morpheous, full of pits.

------------------
Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow, cloud and shade, all shall fade, all shall fade.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-15, 1:34 PM #21
Nazis! All of you!!

wraaa...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-15, 1:54 PM #22
Our daughter should not be dating

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid

↑ Up to the top!