Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Master and Commander (Spoilers)
Master and Commander (Spoilers)
2004-02-16, 5:13 AM #1
Well it came back in theaters, so I decided to see it again.. Great movie. I feel bad that it didn't make alot in theaters.

SPOILERS:

The movie has people, water, and ships in it.

------------------
Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow, cloud and shade, all shall fade, all shall fade.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-16, 5:36 AM #2
ack man! you ruined the movie for me! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] (j/k)

yeah, it's a GREAT movie.
the only reason there were no awards for it is that hollywood doesn't like Russel Crowe because he doesn't fit their mold... and because he snuffs his nose at them (=

this and Last Samurai should have gotten a LOT more attention in the awards this season... just shows you how much critics don't like historical fiction =/

------------------
why is a raven like a writing desk?
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2004-02-16, 6:10 AM #3
I've not seen Master and Commander yet due to other commitments but really wanted to see it [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif], I'll just have to wait for the DVD [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif].

As for Last Samurai, I thought it was an excellent film and should have received some recognition.

------------------
################### Life is like a network of roads you keep
###OOO#######OOO### on running till you hit a dead end!
##O#O#O##O##O#O#O##
###OOO##OOO##OOO### Why live to suffer when to live doesn't
########OOO######## mean to suffer?
##OOO##OOOOO##OOO##
###OOO#######OOO### We live, we die, live with it!
####OOOOOOOOOOO####
#####OOOOOOOOO##### Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
################### @%
2004-02-16, 7:51 AM #4
I thought it was ok. The doctor (I know I should know his name...) made the movie though; otherwise it wasn't that great.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-02-16, 9:28 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Berlick:
As for Last Samurai, I thought it was an excellent film and should have received some recognition.</font>

Yeah, especially after Cruise almost lost his head on set. Literally.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-02-16, 9:44 AM #6
I loved the movie. Saw it twice in two days. It really made it feel like you were on an old sailing ship.

(spoiler)

Really, don't read these if you haven't seen the movie. It will spoil something that you should experience on your own. I thought that the "lesser of two weevils" was the funniest thing I have seen in a theater in a really, really long time. I was laughing so hard. I don't really know why, when you think about it, is shouldn't be all that funny, but the way it is delievered makes it hillarious.

(/spoiler)

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-02-16, 10:43 AM #7
Got a bit -too- slow in the middle....that subplot about one of the young officers could have been trimmed a wee bit maybe. Paul Bettany and Crowe were just wonderful together. Again.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-16, 4:21 PM #8
Yeah, it's one of the only movies, if not the only one, I've ever been bored at.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!