Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Episode III -- Just The Facts...(spoilers)
Episode III -- Just The Facts...(spoilers)
2004-02-16, 4:17 AM #1
The Force.net has a section called Just the Facts, where everything "factual" about Episode III is posted. It's not really listed in any particular order, just generally by character and/or event. If you want to know whose acronym follows a statement, just scroll down to the very bottom of the page. Some of these statements get redundunt after a while, but others....wow...

The thing they keep saying there is the final duel won't be laden with special effects, but the sheer scale of betrayal will get to the audience. I wonder how that could be so....

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77

[This message has been edited by Snake-Eyes (edited February 16, 2004).]
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-02-16, 4:23 AM #2
meh...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-16, 5:04 AM #3
I cant wait to see it. Me wants it.

------------------
Madquack and Firbnic have a signature.
Remnant Temple Part A beta test.
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-02-16, 5:11 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I cant wait to see it. Me wants it. </font>

That's what I said for Ep1 and 2.

------------------
Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow, cloud and shade, all shall fade, all shall fade.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-16, 5:16 AM #5
There are two options.

1) I'm interested to see how interesting this film is going to be.
2) I'm interested to see how hard they will screw everything up.

I hope option 1 is the final option [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-02-16, 5:30 AM #6
Ep. III is going to be AWESOME!!

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
2004-02-16, 6:19 AM #7
Don't get your hopes to far up I mean Episode I and II where supposed to rock too.

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-16, 8:40 AM #8
No, they weren't. They were supposed to set everything up so THIS one will rock. That's the point that EVERYONE seems to be missing.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2004-02-16, 9:53 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth J:
No, they weren't. They were supposed to set everything up so THIS one will rock. That's the point that EVERYONE seems to be missing.

</font>

Setting everything up with two movies doesn't seem to be their strong point. They should probably try something less creative, such as monitoring the operation of a ski lift.

------------------
Or then not. --FastGamerr/Nikumubeki
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-02-16, 9:57 AM #10
I'm not sure what you mean. I think they did a great job setting everything up. It sounds to me like you're deliberately trying to be negative.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
2004-02-16, 10:03 AM #11
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean. I think they did a great job setting everything up. It sounds to me like you're deliberately trying to be negative.

</font>

The third one'd better suck too, because I don't want to have paid twice to see bad movies that merely set things up for the good stuff. If the third one sucks, it's more consistent.

------------------
2004-02-16, 10:05 AM #12
George could make a movie about gungans and ewoks hugging and dancing in the swampy forest and it would rock as long as there was a lightsabre in there somewhere.
So my opinion doesn't really count. heh... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
2004-02-16, 10:36 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Krokodile:
The third one'd better suck too, because I don't want to have paid twice to see bad movies that merely set things up for the good stuff. If the third one sucks, it's more consistent.

</font>

But then, if the third one sucks, you'll have paid three times to see bad movies that merely set things up for the good stuff in the Original trilogy. So you have to ask yourself, would you rather pay for 2 bad and get a good one in there, or just get ripped off and pay for 3 bad movies?

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
2004-02-16, 10:38 AM #14
why does EVERYONE hate episode 1 and 2 but worship the originals? i find both episode 1 and 2 enjoyable, i cant really tell a different in acting, its better if you ask me. other then the acting i dont know what you could possibly think is wrong with them. (leave jar jar out)

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-02-16, 10:48 AM #15
Quote:
But then, if the third one sucks, you'll have paid three times to see bad movies that merely set things up for the good stuff in the Original trilogy. So you have to ask yourself, would you rather pay for 2 bad and get a good one in there, or just get ripped off and pay for 3 bad movies?

</font>

No, because I won't see episodes 4-6 (or even the special editions) in the theater unless they re-release them, so the third one won't be setting another theatrical experience for me.

------------------
2004-02-16, 11:01 AM #16
The originals had terrificly entertaining and engaging characters. The prequels haven't....aside from Obi-Wan in AOTC for me. That's been the big difference for me. That and the overuse of CG. Gnosis felt like a computer game backdrop than a real SW location. The original also had vastly superior and light years more coherent set battles.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-16, 11:02 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by drizzt2k2:

i find both episode 1 and 2 enjoyable, i cant really tell a different in acting, its better if you ask me.</font>[/quote]Acting in Episode I was OK, it was the script that sucked. There wasn't as much character development as the original trilogy had, and the plot is just so straightforward. Episode II did a better job, Episode III better'd pull it all together... or else! [insert dramatic music]

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-16, 1:12 PM #18
We're here in this thread to discuss Episode III, and everything we know about it. We are not here to discuss why we don't like the prequels, and condemn this one before it's even finished.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
2004-02-16, 1:16 PM #19
I want George to sit back and let somebody else direct and have himself on the set to give his "vision" like he did on the Original Trilogy. That, and only that, will allow Ep.3 to rock. Otherwise you're taking a mediocre director with an abnormal love of CG and expecting him to hold up to your expectations. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] it's not going to happen...

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-16, 1:20 PM #20
Quote:
We're here in this thread to discuss Episode III, and everything we know about it. We are not here to discuss why we don't like the prequels, and condemn this one before it's even finished.

</font>

They're a trilogy. It's relevant.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-16, 1:31 PM #21
According to the logic of Dante from "Clerks" this one has a decent chance of being the best of, at least, the prequels because this one will "end on such a downer."

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-02-16, 4:02 PM #22
The Anakin vs Obi Wan duel will be cool, as will Mace Windu 'going out in a blaze of glory'. The rest of the movie I have little hope for.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-16, 4:35 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Evad:
Ep. III is going to be AWESOME!!</font>

I hope your kidding... I really hope you are.

↑ Up to the top!