Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Whats happened to massassi latley?
Whats happened to massassi latley?
2004-02-16, 2:12 PM #1
We've got a severe lack of JA levels, theres tons on other sites, JK3files for example.

But I really dislike going there due to the fact that its basically a fileplanet wannabe, the service is awful, and its hard to find a server that actually works and has a descent download rate.

So I think our problem is we're not known enough to the newer editors, we should start atleast some kind of advertizing campaign, not like ad banners or anything, but possibly exchanging links with other JK/JO/JA related sites. Thats what the old sites for JK used to do, almost every one of them linked to massassi or JKMAG or some other known JK editing site.

If it wasn't on massassi, it probably didn't exist.

What happened? and how should we go about fixing this? and whats your thought on it?

Personally I don't enjoy being hit with a million popups and ad banners and ad pages just so I can get to a server list to pick which one isn't too bloated and actually has the file so I don't get 0.50 KB/s filetransfers. I much perfer massassi where you click, and its done.

And I assume we can't have people gather up JA levels they find and submit them here with the propor author's name ofcourse. I'm not talking patronization but more finding levels and bringing them here. but I guess thats up to the author, correct?

Whats your thoughts on the issue? or is it even an issue at all?

------------------
"In the memory you'll find me. Eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly.
Untill the sun rises up."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-02-16, 2:31 PM #2
People submit their maps to where the most prominate JK2/JA community lies. That is not us.

------------------
Mystic0 Editing Resources (no longer Updated)
Mystic0 Forum (fast again!)
The Massassi Post Count Summary
2004-02-16, 2:33 PM #3
It also doesn't help that our file server goes down for weeks at a time.

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-16, 2:34 PM #4
Yeah, our files server bobs up and down like a cheap h***er so why would anyone want to submit to us?
2004-02-16, 2:42 PM #5
Many people in the other communities think we are arrogant and stuck up because we don't accept invalid file submissions.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-02-16, 3:32 PM #6
That problem will be solved shortly. If I can ever get enough time to finish my coding. I'm so close I can taste it [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2004-02-16, 3:34 PM #7
GO BRIAN GO!!!!

ya, I hated other Jk2 communites cuz they were liek look at us we have tons of random crap! nothing that great! Not only that, but our download server is absolute CRAP! and we don't care!

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-02-16, 3:38 PM #8
truely No other JK comunity has ever had the feel that Massassi did, Massassi has class, these other sites seem to to be their just cause they wanted to outdo massassi, but they just wound up making crappy sites with alot of levels, but many of them useless.

I seem to cmopare gameing sites to Massassi and if they don't "feel" like Massassi, I tend to loose interest in them.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-02-16, 4:10 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
Yeah, our files server bobs up and down like a cheap h***er so why would anyone want to submit to us?</font>

Wouldnt that be more like an expensive hooker? Cheap hookers just kinda sit there and expect you to-.... I've said too much.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-16, 4:27 PM #10
Yeah. I think so

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-16, 4:36 PM #11
What do you mean "lately"? It's always been like this.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mystic0:
People submit their maps to where the most prominate JK2/JA community lies. That is not us.</font>
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-02-16, 4:39 PM #12
Yeah I'm not usually a bugger about it but the topic is sad. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-16, 4:44 PM #13
Spork, no more cookie for you [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-02-17, 3:47 AM #14
maybe theres better editing sites out there for JO/JA , maybe not. but massassi has been here since the begining , has had ups and downs , but comes back stronger and surrives. Give these other sites a few yrs and they will be gone/moved on or just a forgotten barely managed site .The ppl here are the true Jedi editors and mappers and moders .

------------------
"Do or do not there is no try."

QPAN
"Do or do not there is no try."

QPAN
2004-02-17, 4:08 AM #15
Massassi was a JK community. When JK2 and JKA came out - I think we kind of divided into smaller communities - therefore less popular. Because everyone clung on to JK - not so many people regard it as the place for JKA/JK2 maps.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-02-17, 4:17 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
Yeah, our files server bobs up and down like a cheap h***er so why would anyone want to submit to us?</font>

We still love you.

------------------
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
2004-02-17, 4:28 AM #17
honestly, if a large amount of people startred frequenting massassi.... the forums would be trolled to hell, and the comments system would be annihilated by fools

welcome to massassi... we know we're the best because we're arrogant [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-17, 4:43 AM #18
Indeed. We ***** about elitists within our own elitist sect of the net. If we weren't elite, we'd be just like everybody else. I guess having rules and not tollerating worthless crap makes you elite. That rules.

m455455i R 1337.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-17, 4:55 AM #19
I dont think it is a huge issue to have only a small amount of files. It is good for them to build up slowly.

------------------
Madquack and Firbnic have a signature.
Remnant Temple Part A beta test.
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue

↑ Up to the top!