Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help!
Help!
2004-02-17, 11:44 AM #1
Hi, I'd just appreciate it if anyone could recommend some good screen recording software. I've already been to download.net, it had some great recorders, but the problem is, none if them seem to work when I hit the hotkeys in-game. I'm trying to convert in-game footage of a game into *.avi (doesn't have to be that format, but probably that's preferable) for a school project.

Any ideas, I need them fast! I don't have much time left. Thanks!

------------------
To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-02-17, 12:46 PM #2
*splutters*

------------------
"The problem with life is life is my problem..." - Excerpt from a philosopher's suicide note
2004-02-17, 12:57 PM #3
Try Fraps...

http://www.fraps.com

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]

[This message has been edited by Sol (edited February 17, 2004).]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-02-17, 2:47 PM #4
I was off working on my project.

Thanks Sol, but I'm afraid it won't do. There's no way I'm paying for the full version, and 2.0 won't work on my system (I've got Win 98) plus it only records 15 secs. I need 30 minimum. 1.9D has poor resolution, plus no sound. Sound is essential to this movie.

To be more specific. We're discussing the Odyssey in my English class, and I made a movie for it in Age of Mythology with the scenario editor. The movie's perfect, but alas, I can't show it to the class without bringing in a laptop and a projector (which I don't have). Plus I'd have to load the game and stuff.

I'm pretty sure I can't just convert the *.scn file to avi, but if anyone knows otherwise of some converter that's excellent. You see, I'm going to add it to a live movie with some video editing software, and I can't do that unless it's in avi or similar format.

Any ideas? Maybe I'm just not using the current converters properly? If you know what I'm talking about, they're Herosoft and River Past. The hotkeys just don't seem to work when I hit them ingame...

------------------
"The problem with life is life is my problem..." - Excerpt from a philosopher's suicide note
2004-02-17, 9:52 PM #5
TV out and a VCR.

Crude but it works.

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-02-18, 11:11 AM #6
Thanks very much NoEsc, you gave me a good idea. I wondered if it was possible to plug my digital camcorder into the back of my computer. Well, I tried it and the pc screen is showing up on my camcorder's mini-lcd display. Super! However there's a problem. My camcorder has three settings

Camera
Off
VTR (playback)

The pc screen image only shows up on VTR, and when I hit record it doesn't work. I know it's playback, so it probably won't work, but if someone knows the next step I could take to get the camcorder to record all that's on-screen, please by all means tell me. Thanks.

(P.S. If you're wondering why I want it on my camcorder, it's for easy transport and editing (I'm going to merge it into a large, real life film later).
2004-02-18, 11:16 AM #7
Look in your camera's manual. Also there may be a switch somewhere to select theh recording input.

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT

↑ Up to the top!