Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help a fellow massassian with a PC prob...please
Help a fellow massassian with a PC prob...please
2004-02-18, 1:15 PM #1
Ok, here's my problem: I run XP with a LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161H Cd rom drive installed. I tried to recently install CD Roxio Creator from a cd and it said it wouldnt work on my system so i uninstalled it, When it uninstalled it deleted the driver files! So now, when I try the plug n play feature it says it detects it, but couldnt find the driver. I've tried searching on the web with no luck. My only option left is to Use the quick restore cd but that will format the HD! Ill lose all my mp3s, warez, roms, etc. +the ripped movie stash...anyways, can someone find a driver for me!? Thanks in advance. BTW, whoever finds me a driver gets a cookie+my soul...;-)

------------------
  • A.K.A Spartanpigg @ MSN Zone
  • FUGE0> if i suddenly type in 911, trace my IP and have the paramedics show up at my door, with all these eggs, and smoking, it might very well kill me
  • MY OWNAGE
  • A.K.A Spartanpigg @ MSN Zone
  • FUGE0: if i suddenly type in 911, trace my IP and have the paramedics show up at my door, with all these eggs, and smoking, it might very well kill me
  • Screenshots of various degrees of JK ownage
2004-02-18, 1:22 PM #2
....yeah, that's quite sad how you'll lose all of that illegal stuff on your computer.

*single tear*

------------------
Dark, Darker, Darko

RIP Madaventor: God bless you.
I live in the weak, and the wounded.
2004-02-18, 1:23 PM #3
Are you kidding?
Go to the liteon homepage

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2004-02-18, 1:25 PM #4
aside from the fact that you're a pirate (which you're not alone on the site, but you should know better than to say it aloud), you should be able to get a driver from LiteOn. Remarkably, the manufacturer often has drivers... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-18, 1:28 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Posted on the LiteON site: For Windows OS Device Driver

Please use Windows Default Driver .

</font>

one soul and one cookie please
if you don't believe me http://www.liteonit.com.tw/ODD/English/e_downloads/e_drivers.asp
i'd say look around there for awhile

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-02-18, 1:30 PM #6
Why do that
Why do the work for him

------------------
2004-02-18, 2:37 PM #7
Check the microsoft knowledge base. There are issues with installing and uninstalling roxio software.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
2004-02-18, 3:16 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spartanpigg:
anyways, can someone find a driver for me!? Thanks in advance. BTW, whoever finds me a driver gets a cookie+my soul...;-)

</font>

First: No

Second: Massassi already has your soul

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-18, 3:18 PM #9
If you can FIND what you need on Microsoft's site. I've NEVER EVER been able to successfully find anything there. Even something as simple as a DirectX download takes me 20 minutes just to FIND the freaking page. Of course, then I have to d/l.

In short, I really HATE Microsoft's web site.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-18, 4:06 PM #10
And for God's sake ... do something with the website! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

But yea, go use the restore CD. A format does a HD good.

Edit: Toned down a little ... sorry.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...

[This message has been edited by Cool Matty (edited February 19, 2004).]
2004-02-18, 5:58 PM #11
Roxio sucks. Use nero.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited February 18, 2004).]
2004-02-18, 6:35 PM #12
Wow, Cool Matty, that is harsh. I happen to like his web page. Now the whole piracy thing... that bothers me.
2004-02-19, 11:49 AM #13
Roxio 4 and 5 before patching were incompatible with Windows XP and could cause your drives to simply "dissappear" ... check out the knowledge base at www.roxio.com, you should find the answer. I think you have to go through the registry to re-activate your drives, and then use the patch for Roxio 5 so it wouldn't do it again, or something like that.

I think Roxio 4 and older are no longer supported with Windows XP.
2004-02-19, 12:44 PM #14
Site's not bad, and there's nothing against saying it out loud, just something against posting instances of it. Trust me, I feel the guy's pain. But yah, site's not bad, but could use a bit of redesigning.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-19, 3:35 PM #15
dont we have a tech board?

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-20, 11:41 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MBeggar:
dont we have a tech board?

</font>

yeah, but this board gets more exposure.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-20, 4:13 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
yeah, but this board gets more exposure.

</font>

*lies*

I am so tired of hearing this excuse ... it's so not true ...

Anyway ... unless you can pull the driver installation off of the recovery CD, you are probably stuck.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2004-02-20, 4:27 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
*lies*

I am so tired of hearing this excuse ... it's so not true ...

Anyway ... unless you can pull the driver installation off of the recovery CD, you are probably stuck.

</font>

Yah. Totally not true. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-20, 4:36 PM #19
Well, it's more like this: if a question is too tricky, it doesn't where it was posted because there would be better places to ask in the first place

------------------
2004-02-20, 4:37 PM #20
Thing is that takes even more time often enough. It's faster just to post in the discussion part of the forum. I mean for qawd's sake, I had a thread in the tech section for 2 days before I posted in the discussion section. Know how long that took? 10 minutes. Bam, beat that.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!