Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I have seen the wireless, and saw that it was good.
I have seen the wireless, and saw that it was good.
2004-02-20, 3:51 PM #1
First post with my new wireless setup. Wooooooooooooooo fear me. Netgear 802.11g 54mbit.

Now if I can only resist the temptation to connect to my neighbors networks. There are 2 other unsecure networks that I can see from the house...

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-02-20, 4:10 PM #2
Wee I hate wireless! (In it's current state, anyway)

Of course, that's more or less because now every student at my school is online 24/7... making the network run impossibly slow.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2004-02-20, 4:14 PM #3
If I had a laptop, I'd go wireless for mobility. A lot of my school buildings are also have wireless access.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-20, 8:05 PM #4
I love it so far, just need to stop being lazy and secure it. Although I'm sure my neighbors would love it if I'd leave my MP3 collection just avalible to anyone who wants...

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-02-20, 10:58 PM #5
We have a wireless network in my house. I'm right next to the router... yay for cancer.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-02-21, 2:24 AM #6
I cant stand my wireless setup, because we have a HORRIBLE router. It wont let me open ports, and randomly opens and closes them because it hates me

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-21, 7:20 AM #7
Give it some loving and THROW IT IN THE TRASH!!!111 [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;

↑ Up to the top!