Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Planet of the Apes...
Planet of the Apes...
2004-02-19, 4:35 PM #1
The new one, not the old one. Ive seen it before, but it was on Fox tonight so I watched it again.. Does anyone else think the ending sucked? Sucked to the point to ruining the film? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

On the other hand, Estella Warren did kinda make up for it... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-19, 4:37 PM #2
The whole movie sucked, the ending just continued the unfortunate trend of suckyness.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-19, 4:43 PM #3
that was a baddddddddd movie. really really bad with a really stupid ending

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-19, 4:44 PM #4
The girl monkey is Michael Jackson.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-19, 5:40 PM #5
Actually, she's Helena Bonham Carter, Danny Elfman's wife. I plan on stealing their children and raising them as my own, but that's a whole other story entirely...

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package

[This message has been edited by Wuss (edited February 19, 2004).]
2004-02-19, 5:48 PM #6
I thought the begining was pretty good, but the ending sucked completely. The only reason that it ended that way was the they wanted to suprise audiences the same way as the original, but lacked any coherent ideas. So that ending is what you got.

Exepect I saw that ending coming from about a half hour before it happened.

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-02-19, 5:49 PM #7
I really disliked the whoel series, it wasn't really so much as a bad movie, it was that I just really didn't like it. I hated the ending, was a real downer.

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net
2004-02-19, 5:54 PM #8
i like it when movies abruptly stop and leave the viewer going why? and huh?

/end sarcasm

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2004-02-20, 12:33 AM #9
We were given the opportunity to watch either ESB or the original Planet of the Apes in school about 4 years ago. Me and my friend were out voted by the rest of the class and were stuck with a big pile of tripe that barely passed as a movie instead of ESB. We ended up having the last laugh, but that's another story

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-02-20, 12:50 AM #10
I've never seen any of them. For some reason, they just dont appeal to me.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-20, 1:42 AM #11
Yeah last night was the first time I've saw any of the POTA movies. I thought the film was ok, but the ending sucked the whole thing up big time. Big enough that even my 7 year-old brother said the ending sucked the whole movie up.

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-02-20, 2:13 AM #12
the original >>>>> new one
even the sequels were better than the new one [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
why is a raven like a writing desk?
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2004-02-20, 6:43 AM #13
i liked what Heston did in the new one, damning the humans...hehe

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-02-20, 6:57 AM #14
The original ending rocks. Haven't seen the new one, but the game sucked.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-02-20, 7:06 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wuss:
Actually, she's Helena Bonham Carter, Danny Elfman's wife. I plan on stealing their children and raising them as my own, but that's a whole other story entirely...

</font>

Sure, that's who PLAYS the girl monkey. . . but the girl monkey IS Michael Jackson. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

And I didn't know that was Danny Elfman's wife O.o
I didn't even know he had a wife... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-02-21, 12:03 AM #16
Bonham Carter's performance in "Till Human Voices Wake Us" is apparently regarded as the only decent portrayal of an Australian accent by someone who isn't Australian. Though I don't think even the Australians get it right half the time...

Anyway, the first PotA was pretty good, and the first sequel, but the third was pretty abysmal (and the premise completely illogical) and I'm sure it only could have gone down from there.

The "damn you! you maniacs! you blew it up!" speech is one of the best of all time, though...
2004-02-21, 1:06 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
The whole movie sucked, the ending just continued the unfortunate trend of suckyness.

</font>

Indeed. And also, am I the only one who thought the monkeys looked better in the original?

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

↑ Up to the top!