Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Old game music - I know you guys can help!
Old game music - I know you guys can help!
2004-02-21, 3:32 AM #1
Well howdy again, I'm back as ever. I need a little help: basically I'm on the hunt for some Sega Mega Drive/Genesis music (yes, I own the original games before you ask) preferably in MP3 format - I've found some of the stuff I'm looking for but the real biggie is Doomsday Zone (Sonic and Knuckles) if anybody can find it! Thanks!

------------------
We are all dying to live, yet living to die...
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-02-21, 4:08 AM #2
I can't find 1 mp3, how about 9 MIDI's :P

------------------
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-21, 9:01 AM #3
I got it. If you have kazaa lite, just search for Doomsday Zone, its on there.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2004-02-21, 9:04 AM #4
/looks for it

DeathbyFire?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited February 21, 2004).]
2004-02-21, 10:02 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I got it. If you have kazaa lite, just search for Doomsday Zone, its on there.

</font>

Uhhh... I don't. I washed my hands of all that stuff years ago I'm afraid... heard that KL was even more dangerous to use... you couldn't send me a copy perhaps? Cheeky request I know, sorry.

------------------

2004-02-21, 12:27 PM #6
Why not dump a wav file from the emulator? The best Genesis emulator I know of is Gens, and it can do just that.
Goldwave can convert it to MP3, provided you have some sort of MP3 (de)coder installed, like Media Player.

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-02-21, 1:08 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Slaw:
Why not dump a wav file from the emulator? The best Genesis emulator I know of is Gens, and it can do just that.
Goldwave can convert it to MP3, provided you have some sort of MP3 (de)coder installed, like Media Player.

</font>

Awesome - thanks for that, it worked.

------------------

2004-02-21, 3:35 PM #8
also for nearly every video game with music you can find quality midis at http://www.vgmusic.com which CAN be converted to wav (something like wingroove can do a good job of this)

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-21, 4:20 PM #9
If you want MP3s of that stuff, you might as well get an adapter, hook the Sega audio up to your sound card input, and just record it like that....

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"

↑ Up to the top!