Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Kick. Arse.
Kick. Arse.
2004-02-22, 6:05 AM #1
I haven't seen mention of it here, but this article gives me some hope for the ISS program. If they develop a six-man, *reusable* spacecraft, it could boost the crew size on the station. Obviously, this would kick *** since it would allow more research to be conducted (the station requires 2-3 people just to run the station). The addition of three extra people to each expedition would really help the science programs carried out on board.

I'm not sure what kind of booster they'll use, though. I've heard either using the Zenit (which can carry 15 tons into low-earth orbit), or a new booster that would have to be developed.

This concludes my latest nerd post.

-Fox
2004-02-22, 8:50 AM #2
Well, I think they should first fix the "Random pieces of international space station falling off without warning or reason" problem first

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-22, 9:19 AM #3
Wah? What peices falling off problem?

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-22, 9:28 AM #4
He's likely referring to this. It's not an uncommon occurrence, actually, and the parts seen floating free were actually useless parts that no longer served any function.

-Fox
2004-02-22, 9:31 AM #5
Shweet. [/Peter Griffin]

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!