Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → more fun computer problems!
more fun computer problems!
2004-02-22, 11:31 AM #1
I changed my computer. New computer came with onboard sound card. Onboard soundcard has static and maximum volume is very low. I try reinstalling the old card. Now for some reason I can't find the driver on the installation disc. Then my onboard sound card stops working. I reboot, and I get a message saying 'cannot detect audio device'. I remove the new soundcard, then I remove it from the system, then I remove the onboard sound card, then I reinstall the onboard sound card drivers, then I reboot, and I still get that message.

I want my sound back! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-22, 11:34 AM #2
You should be able to download the drivers for your card from the manufacturers website.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-22, 11:43 AM #3
OS?

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-22, 11:45 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
OS?

</font>

Say it and die.

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-22, 11:46 AM #5
You should ge-

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-02-22, 11:54 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BV:
You should ge-

</font>

-t a puppy! That would make everyone feel better!

*shiftyeyes*

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-22, 2:02 PM #7
Well, I've tried a bunch of stuff, including reinstalling windows.. but that doesn't seem to work either. So now I'll be reformatting. I could use some cleanup anyways.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!