Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Prank calls
Prank calls
2004-02-21, 5:34 PM #1
Massassi. I come to you in dire need of a well-deserved revenge. Just got pranked. Cannot allow this to stand. Prankify me. Now.

(Please?)

------------------
Tell me not in mournful numbers, Life is but an empty dream, For the soul is dead that slumbers, and things are not as they seem. Life is real, Life is ernest, the grave is not it's goal; Dust thou art, Dust thou returnest, Was not spoken of the soul.
~William Shakespeare
People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only
if there is a light from within.
-Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
2004-02-21, 5:40 PM #2
If revenge is what you seek, I assume you have a means of pranking them back, so go here:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/soundboards.shtml

The phone booth one should work well.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-02-21, 5:57 PM #3
Do a reverse look up on the number they gave you, go to the house, ring the bell and give them a verbal scolding.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-02-21, 5:59 PM #4
<3 That site is awesome

And yes, the enemy is well beknownst to me. I have means of pranking back. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

(it has come to my attention that massassi is severely lacking in the evil-smiley-face department. we must solve this immediatly.)

------------------
Tell me not in mournful numbers, Life is but an empty dream, For the soul is dead that slumbers, and things are not as they seem. Life is real, Life is ernest, the grave is not it's goal; Dust thou art, Dust thou returnest, Was not spoken of the soul.
~William Shakespeare
People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only
if there is a light from within.
-Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
2004-02-21, 5:59 PM #5
That plain sucks. I'd want revenge too.

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-02-21, 8:01 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silent_Rhapsody:
<3 That site is awesome

And yes, the enemy is well beknownst to me. I have means of pranking back. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

(it has come to my attention that massassi is severely lacking in the evil-smiley-face department. we must solve this immediatly.)

</font>

No it's not, simply use the image posting function to post an evil smiley.

------------------
2004-02-22, 2:00 AM #7
*Ring*

"Hello?"

"Yes, this is *fake name* from the US Department of Energy Conservation, and Id just like to ask you a few questions"

"Uhh . . . ok.."

"First, is your fridge running?"

"Yes it is..."

[shout]"Then youd better do catch it then, shouldn't you!!!"[/shout]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-22, 5:45 AM #8
RING! RING:

Victim: hello?

You: This is *fake name* from the department of health and human services. we are calling you to notify you that we have detected large ammounts of Radon gas coming up through the foundation area of your house. Radon is a radioactive gasseous element, and once inhaled, it soon changes into radioactive isotopes of arsenic that remain in oyur lungs for years and have the potential of causing lung cancer. Please evacuate immediately. We will send someone over to fix the problem. Thank you for your time.

*hang up*

This should freak them out a little bit.

(Do this from a pay phone in case they try to trace it and/or they notify the real dept of health and human services about your prank.)

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-22, 5:51 AM #9
Look up someone named Waldo in the phonebook.

You: Hello, is this Waldo?

Person: Yes...

You: I FOUND YOU!

*hang up*

------------------
You're entering a world of pain.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-02-22, 5:57 AM #10
Here is one I did a while back

*call up your local Music store, CD selling place thingy*

-Hello this is *Whatever the heck*, my name is *Whatever* how may I help you?

- Umm yes, do you have the album 'Gotta get going' by "Colonial Coruption"?

-Umm hold on sir. *type tip tap type*

-Sir, we don't have anything by them, is there anything else I can help you with?

- How about "Woody" by "The Jumping Mexicans"?

-Sir, we don't have that either.

- Well, could you check in the back, it's a new release and all.

-Well the computer says..

- Yeah but just to be sure, you know. I've already called 2 other places.

*Yay! she went in back*

-Umm sir we don't have any in stock, I'm not sure if it's rare, or whatever, but we don't have it.

- Oh oh, how about the album "You just wasted 10 mins. looking for CD's that don't exist?"

*hangs up on me*

------------------
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-22, 6:08 AM #11
There is another human being on the other end of the line, you know

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2004-02-22, 6:11 AM #12
That wasn't a very tasteful prank, Rod. People have a hard enough time on the job as it is, they don't need that adding stress.

As for prank retribution, I'm always a big of age old "Temple" style. You know, when you take a baseball bat to their temples.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-02-22, 6:11 AM #13
Yeah, but that music shop sucked. If you go in, there is this old lady that if you ask her for something, she will go on the computer and say "yeah, we got it". You'd ask her to show you where it is she says "You have eyes! look for it!" or "I'm busy" and the story is empty, and she is just sitting there twidling her thumbs.

That is why I was like "Holy crap, I got her to look in the back"

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited February 22, 2004).]
2004-02-22, 6:12 AM #14
Rod-Nog, I hate to say this, but where's the comedic element in that? You wasted a person's time. So what?
2004-02-22, 6:13 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Rod-Nog, I hate to say this, but where's the comedic element in that? You wasted a person's time. So what? </font>

Meh. It seemed fun then :P

Revenge can taste good. It tastes the best when you get back a grumpy person that shouldn't be working at a music store. Plus this was back in the 8th grade. (Grade 10 now). I apologize that my pranks can't rank up to the politeness of Crank Yankers [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited February 22, 2004).]
2004-02-22, 7:33 AM #16
someone tried to prank me once. I got them goooood.
Me: Hello?
Him: Hi is this *name*
Me: No
Him: Are you sure?
Me: Not really
Him: Who are you then?
Me: Me.
Him: HI ME!
Me: uh... Hi?
*pause*
Me: So who is this?
Him: Nobody
Me: I recognize you
Him: NO YOU DONT!
Me: Your right, I have no idea who you are
*pause*
Me: So what do you need?
Him: Isnt this annoying yet!? ITS A PRANK PHONE CALL STUPID!
Me: Yea I know, I was trying to annoy you.
*click*
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-22, 7:44 AM #17
I actually thought Rod's prank was pretty funny. Although I would have tweaked by making the CD's and Artist names sexual innuendo when you put them together.

Anyway, to prank them over and over for littlte cost, put up an ad for a decent vehicle at a value price(not an absurdly low price though) and put their number by it.

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-22, 10:01 AM #18
Well one of them was pretty sexual, but I changed it so that I could put it on the forums.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike

It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Think while it's still legal.
2004-02-22, 10:48 AM #19
I got pranked this morning at 00:30 - I know it was someone I know because they had my number (obviously). I really think people like this have got too much free time (and phone credit clearly) to want to do something so immature and pointless. I've promised that if I found out who these people are they'll have a neat imprint of my fist on their skull, but, alas, the evil of 'witheld numbers' rears its head. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] What's scary too is how your number 'gets around' - you tell a mate, he tells his...

------------------
We are all dying to live, yet living to die...
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-02-22, 10:51 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

RING! RING:

Victim: hello?

You: This is *fake name* from the department of health and human services. we are calling you to notify you that we have detected large ammounts of Radon gas coming up through the foundation area of your house. Radon is a radioactive gasseous element, and once inhaled, it soon changes into radioactive isotopes of arsenic that remain in oyur lungs for years and have the potential of causing lung cancer. Please evacuate immediately. We will send someone over to fix the problem. Thank you for your time.

*hang up*

This should freak them out a little bit.

(Do this from a pay phone in case they try to trace it and/or they notify the real dept of health and human services about your prank.)

</font>

Omg... *starts learning*

------------------
We are all dying to live, yet living to die...
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-02-22, 11:29 AM #21
I read in the paper today that some jock at some high school somewhere in the US thought it would be funny to call some unpopular kid with a police man dad and tell him that his dad was just shot in the line of duty.

That's not a funny one. Don't do that one.

------------------
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
2004-02-22, 3:05 PM #22
erik314, yeah considering prank calls are illegal and all, that one would probably get the jock in trouble.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!