Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Ladykillers
The Ladykillers
2004-02-23, 8:28 AM #1
This is the new Coen bros. movie coming out with Tom Hanks doing the Colonel Sanders thing. Coming from the Coen bros., I expect it to be gold. Thoughts?

------------------
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later."--Stanley Kubrick
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later."--Stanley Kubrick
2004-02-23, 10:15 AM #2
Never heard of it.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-02-23, 10:20 AM #3
Coen bros?

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-23, 11:25 AM #4
Did they do Fargo?

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-23, 11:30 AM #5
Can they Tango?

------------------
2004-02-23, 11:35 AM #6
If that Coen brothers do it, it has to be excellent. Good to see another fan. My favorite is Barton Fink.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-02-23, 11:43 AM #7
i've seen Fargo & The Big Lebowski

The Dude is my role model.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-23, 1:52 PM #8
I love the Coen brothers' past work, but I've heard that their latest, Intolerable Cruelty, was merely okay. I also saw The Ladykillers trailer and wasn't very impressed.

I supposed it's too early to tell. Here's to hoping it will be good. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-02-23, 1:56 PM #9
Now that you mention it, Intolerable Cruelty was rather crappy, and while Fargo was a decent film, it wasn't very Coen-brothery (only in the fact that it had Steve Buscemi, but name one film that DOESN'T have Seve Buscemi).

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.

[This message has been edited by stat (edited February 23, 2004).]
:master::master::master:

↑ Up to the top!