Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I just want to blow something up
I just want to blow something up
2004-02-23, 1:31 PM #1
I installed Max Payne just now looking to just kill and kill and kill. I don't wnat to go through the story again. I just want all the weapons. Now, I went www.gamefaqs.com and they had instructions on how to get the weapons by editting the short cut, but I've tried everything I can think of and their instruction still don't make sense. How do I do it?

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-23, 1:37 PM #2
http://www.cheathappens.com/show_cht.asp?ID=7638

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-23, 1:47 PM #3
That still doesn't tell me much. I'm a layman afterall.

where do I put the "-developer"? In Target in a short cut or Start In in short cut, or do I just add it to the name? I don't know

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

2004-02-23, 1:48 PM #4
Did you edit the actual name of the shortcut or the source file

------------------
*Bjorn*
muhahahha FIRE!!!!!!!! :) :( >:) :D ;(.
hi
*Bjorn*
muhahahha FIRE!!!!!!!! :) :( >:) :D ;(.
hi
2004-02-23, 1:51 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
That still doesn't tell me much. I'm a layman afterall.

where do I put the "-developer"? In Target in a short cut or Start In in short cut, or do I just add it to the name? I don't know

</font>

right click on the shortcut and click properties and in the thing where is says target you put the "-developer" after what is already there

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-23, 1:58 PM #6
I've tried multiple times what you said DrkJedi.

This is what it is normally(quotes as well):
"C:\Program Files\Max Payne\MaxPayne.exe"

This is what it looks like after I put in the -developer:
"C:\Program Files\Max Payne\MaxPayne.exe -developer"

And it comes up with this message:
The Name 'C:\Program Files\Max Payne\MaxPayne.exe -developer' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and filename are correct.

That appears when I don't do a space between MaxPayne.exe and -developer as well.

------------------

2004-02-23, 2:11 PM #7
put the -developer outside of the quotations:

"C:\Program Files\Max Payne\MaxPayne.exe" -developer

Put that into the target box.

------------------
Napalm is nature's toothpaste.

[This message has been edited by SAS | nauticus.enigma (edited February 23, 2004).]
2004-02-23, 2:12 PM #8
"C:\Program Files\Max Payne\MaxPayne.exe" -developer

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-23, 2:33 PM #9
I love you guys.

Oh, sorry for wasting your time.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!