Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
2004-02-24, 10:34 AM #1
I have a question for anybody who watches the show. At the end of each showing, it says, "For free tickets call: Something, something, something..." Anyway, I watch the show often, and would want to go to it, since my dad says it's ok, but does the place that it's filmed require a certain age for admitance? I'm 13, so is that to young? Blasted Television...

------------------
Da' little kid of Massassi
2004-02-24, 10:35 AM #2
You would probably need to have an adult with you... other than that I dont think there are any restrictions. You might even be able to go without the adult, as long as they are the ones who get the tickets.

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-02-24, 10:35 AM #3
I think so. But that's kind of a guess seeing as there's alot of adult content in the show.
Call and ask.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
2004-02-24, 10:40 AM #4
anyone see the episode on how lousiana was enforcing dui laws... omg i pissed myself it was so funny!

------------------
-If you don't know, then don't ask...
-If you don't know, then don't ask...
2004-02-24, 10:42 AM #5
Adult content? Maybe humor directed toward adults, but not adult content.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-24, 10:56 AM #6
Oh, okay, cool. I guess I'm not the only one who likes the show, heheh. But the TV version is directed towards Teen - 14, so I'm a year under, but that's good enough.

------------------
Da' little kid of Massassi
2004-02-24, 11:14 AM #7
The Daily Show, one of the three main places I like to get my news.

(The others being NPR and the News Hour with Jim Leher(sp?) on PBS)

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-24, 11:30 AM #8
Most shows of that nature require you to be 18, not just accompanied by an adult. Letterman, Leno, and Conan all have that restriction.
2004-02-24, 11:34 AM #9
If that's the case, then you'll just have to find a clever way to be a guest on the show.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-24, 11:36 AM #10
Wolfy, I don't know if you remember this, but it was one of the few times that they taped the show and aired it in place of the live show. He said that it was taped. "Don't believe me? Watch this... Skull ****. Now, hopefully they edit that out." Personally, that classifies as adult content. Not to mention a few of the stories they do.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-02-24, 12:46 PM #11
Soooo, I guess I'll have to wait a few more years then..?

------------------
... Stop looking at my signature... Dude, I mean it, stop!... OMQ, GET TEH FRUIT OFF OF MEH SIGGY!
2004-02-24, 3:51 PM #12
I actually looked into going to The Daily Show once. The age to get in is 18, so you're out of luck for that (we didn't go, because we felt bad for that ONE goddamn friend who wasn't 18). HOWEVER, Jon Stewart does some stand-up acts which people of pretty much any age can get into. I just got tickets myself to see him when he comes to the Orpheum Theater in Boston (where my 17 year old friend will be able to get in - dammit, Adriane, get older faster!).

↑ Up to the top!