Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Stupid Opera
Stupid Opera
2004-02-22, 5:22 PM #1
So Opera just crapped out on me, and I had to install 7.23, the bad part is, I can't open my old version and transfer all my bookmarks over now.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-02-22, 5:24 PM #2
[snip]
------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.

[This message has been edited by DeTRiTiC-iQ (edited February 22, 2004).]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-22, 5:29 PM #3
Good to see standards are being kept up (GBK, not opera. I like it)
What other versions are there? Im running 7.23

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)

B'tduz: A popular dwarfish game which consists of standing a few feet apart and throwing large rocks at one another's head.

"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!" - His Grace His Excellency the Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.

Morituri Nolumus Mori
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-02-22, 5:41 PM #4
I had 6.02, worked great for me. Never bothered to upgrade until just now.

And GBK, I don't care about that thing, whatever you were gonna choose. I like Opera. Please stop stuffing it in our faces, we all know that you don't like Opera or Microsoft.

------------------
2004-02-22, 5:45 PM #5
There isn't an importer in the new version? If not, try downloading Mozilla or Firefox.

...and use it to import the Opera bookmarks, then use Opera to import the Mozilla or Firefox bookmarks, if it allows you to do that. Then uninstall the temporary browser.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-02-22, 5:46 PM #6
Im sorry. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-22, 5:48 PM #7
Oh, you said opera? I thought you said oprah....

------------------
Mystic0 Editing Resources (no longer Updated)
Mystic0 Forum (fast again!)
The Massassi Post Count Summary
2004-02-22, 9:21 PM #8
Aren't they stored in a single file?

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore

[This message has been edited by Molgrew (edited February 23, 2004).]
2004-02-23, 4:33 AM #9
There might be an importer in the new version of Opera, I just got it last night and toyed with it for a couple minutes before doing homework and going to bed. I'll check it out later. For all I know, Opera 6.2 might be working again when I get home, upon which I can then transfer everything over. Sometimes stuff goes all ghetto on my PC and will stop working, then after I restart, it works again. I think Opera did this once, I would of restarted just to see, but I was busy talking to friends online and didn't want to log off and restart. So it was faster to upgrade [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
2004-02-23, 4:37 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mystic0:
Oh, you said opera? I thought you said oprah....

</font>

hehe theres a big difference.

------------------
Madquack and Firbnic have a signature.
Remnant Temple Part A beta test.
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-02-23, 10:59 AM #11
Hmm.. i've been using opera for a little bit now, but that's never happened, so i cant help you. sorry.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-02-23, 5:17 PM #12
There's a file called Operadef6.adr that you should be able to use. Just transfer it to your new main opera directory, and it should work.. or you might have to use the import thing on that file.

I had a similar problem once, and again when I was upgrading to 7.0

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-23, 6:41 PM #13
Yeah, I figured it out after I started it up tonight. I removed 6.2 or whatever it was, and now use 7.23

My main thing is this, how can I open multiple windows in Opera, and have them appear on the WINDOWS taskbar? They appear in the Opera taskbar, but I like them on the Windows taskbar too (so I can hit ALT+TAB cause Im too lazy to move the mouse). Thanks.

------------------
2004-02-23, 10:38 PM #14
Try ctrl-tab within the window, or simpler still, 1 and 2 to devance/advance tabs, the whole point of /having/ and mdi is to not clutter up your taskbar/workspace.

Type ctrl-b to show a full list of keyboard commands.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');

[This message has been edited by Dormouse (edited February 24, 2004).]
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-24, 5:46 PM #15
How do I get Opera to support Quicktime videos? The old version I had, I got it to work somehow and can't remember. I went to the Apple site and downloaded Quicktime 6.5, but it didn't tell me in the installation how to get it into my browsers.

------------------
2004-02-24, 6:07 PM #16
Opera>Support Keyword: Quicktime==

http://www.opera.com/support/search/supsearch.dml?index=141&session=3c7664b2b56e3cbd44c80677368b2598

I haven't bothered installing quicktime on this system yet so i can't verify, but that should be what youre looking for.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-24, 6:16 PM #17
Thanks, that got it.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!