Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bowl Championship Series.
Bowl Championship Series.
2003-12-07, 12:08 PM #1
Sucks, even though my team is playing for the national championship. GO TIGERS!

We need a playoff though, cause I would really like to whoop USC, then OU.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2003-12-07, 12:58 PM #2
yea weird situition, i just hope LSU wins

------------------
check out my website http://www.sarturo.com
2003-12-07, 1:23 PM #3
Well it sucks now cause the AP will have USC at #1 probably and the Coaches will have who the BCS picks and that all means that there will be a split championship. A AP one and a BCS one. So bottom line is the championship game means so little now and the whole season is a bust imo. I mean what good is a championship game if the winner isn't considered the champion by everyone.

Also, how the hell can you play for a national title and not even win your conf?!

------------------
Think Them Skimpy thoughts!!!

[This message has been edited by Skrompy (edited December 07, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Skrompy (edited December 07, 2003).]
Think Them Skimpy thoughts!!!
2003-12-07, 4:09 PM #4
though I don't really go for LSU, I live in he south, and they represent... er... ya... so GO LSU!!!!

------------------
flirbnic has a signature
"i've seen alot of kids (i'm 35) come on here and ask for advice about girls. look at potato here. he makes a tape and sings to a girl. some girls will laugh in your face, some behind your back and then some might love you for it. potato is a man. a man with a girl. -Darth Evad
2003-12-07, 4:13 PM #5
You can always count on K State to screw things up.
2003-12-07, 5:13 PM #6
[http://americanhistory.si.edu/sweatshops/images/object_images/bowl.gif]

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2003-12-07, 10:11 PM #7
USC got screwed

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-08, 4:09 AM #8
Hahaha, Tracer you represent those who Massassi find very incompotent and wish would just leave the community in general.

I want USC vs. LSU, Oklahoma doesnt deserve to be in, and frankly playing in the National Champ game doesnt feel right anymore, cause we arent playing the No. 1 team.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2003-12-08, 4:36 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
USC got screwed

</font>

No, UT got screwed.

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2003-12-08, 4:44 AM #10
Umm..No RiVin. Ya'll didnt win your conference, plus ya'll lost do damn...ARKANSAS. We put the spanking on them. If you lose to Arkansas, and do not win your conference, when the number 3 team in the nation is in your conference, has one lose, and someone else wins your conference, you do not deserve an at large BCS bowl game.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2003-12-08, 6:36 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
Umm..No RiVin. Ya'll didnt win your conference, plus ya'll lost do damn...ARKANSAS. We put the spanking on them. If you lose to Arkansas, and do not win your conference, when the number 3 team in the nation is in your conference, has one lose, and someone else wins your conference, you do not deserve an at large BCS bowl game.</font>

It was a fluke, dammit. A craptacular one, but a fluke none-the-less.

------------------
Pause
"Well I got better..."
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2003-12-10, 7:49 AM #12
There is one letter in the BCS that should be removed to make a more applicable abbreviation.

------------------
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
-Steven Wright
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
2003-12-10, 9:43 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by erik314:
There is one letter in the BCS that should be removed to make a more applicable abbreviation.

</font>

LOL!!!

Yeah, it is pretty messed up. OU loses to Kansas State, USC wins, but gets left out.

------------------
A fast white guy is like a unicorn....neither one of them exist.
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2003-12-10, 10:59 AM #14
USC lost to Cal. CAL! Losing to Cal is completely different than losing to K. State, the 15th ranked team at the time, in a conference title game. USC didn't even have to play in a conference title game. USC had a weak, weak schedule. Hey, congrats USC, you blew out Arizona. Pat yourselves on the back, but you don't deserve that no. 1 ranking. It should be LSU at no. 1, OU at no. 2, and USC at no. 3. And imagine that, that's basically what's happened.

Now, we can get into debates about whether or not a team that doesn't win its conference should be allowed in the NC game. Until either every conference has a title game, or none do, I don't see how you can base anything off of it.

And UT did get screwed. No. 6 in the BCS, which typically is guaranteed a BCS spot. It's a shame that the "other" rule in the BCS, that a conference can only have two teams in BCS bowls, kept them out. So, the no. 6 team gets dropped for the no. 10.

------------------
Common Sense: It Will Take You Far In Life

↑ Up to the top!