Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How much...?
How much...?
2004-02-25, 6:11 AM #1
Right now I'm just finishing up on a website I was hired to make for a small company. So the last thing I need to worry about now is payment, and since I have never done this before, I wanted to get some opinions on how much to charge for my work. I was thinking around $250 - $300, is that too much or too little? You can view the page at it's temporary location here: King Beverage Co. | Compared to the old site

[This message has been edited by JASRCC_Uber0010 (edited February 25, 2004).]
GOOGLE FIND THESE SITES PLEASE KTHXBYE
http://www.stevebcartoons.com
http://www.kingcola.com
2004-02-25, 6:24 AM #2
How much time did you spend on the site? I'd take the number of hours, muliply it by 10 dollars or so (10$ an hour basically) and charge them that amount.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-25, 6:48 AM #3
Yeah, 10$ per hour sound fair...

On a differnt note . . . I have yet to see a site that looks worse in Mozilla than the original.... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-25, 6:52 AM #4
Don't rip them off either. Many people could have done that in an hour....

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-25, 6:53 AM #5
Yeah, it looks like that in Opera too. Horrid.

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-02-25, 7:01 AM #6
Don't worry, it also looks that way in IE.. heh.

JASRCC, there's a few grammatical errors I found that you might want to fix: on the "about" page, "who's" in the first sentence should be changed to "whose".

On the "related links" page, "We are members of, or recommend the organizations below" should be changed to "We are members of, or recommend by the organizations below."

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited February 25, 2004).]
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-02-25, 7:15 AM #7
I normally charge $250 base and $20/hour for more than 3 sub pages. Any time of specialty stuff (php, perl, sql relatives) get alot more costly. Unfortunatly, I can't see anyone paying that for the site you made. I don't mean to be harsh, but as it was stated earlier; alot of people can make the site you did in an hour.

I'd not pay more than $100, personally, and that's only assuming there's no way I could have done it myself. Just be reasonable, explain why your price is how it is, and I'm sure you can work out a mutual agreement.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-02-25, 7:44 AM #8
Compos, do you have a web site with a portfolio of your work?

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-02-25, 9:33 AM #9
generally $10 an hour is good for basic stuff like that.
I had to do a bunch of PHP stuff on the last site i did and got well over $10/hr
so yeah, for just html and basic graphics 10/hr is good.

------------------
why is a raven like a writing desk?
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2004-02-25, 12:51 PM #10
And yes it looks that way in IE. But considering the leap...150-250 depending on your man-hours. It may be base HTML, but it's effective and gets the job done, while not being OMQ LEET enough to warrant 800+ dollars of work. 250 sounds like a fair deal, actually, considering this will probably be a long-term site design if they accept. Compos--it may not be fancy, but it's better than LOTS of sites I've seen, and it's better than what most could do, so it warrants more than 100$, trust me. You just code in the languages which take more time and give fancier results.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-25, 7:55 PM #11
The "whose" typo should be rectified but the other thing is fine. They aren't saying that they were recommended by these organizations but that they recommend them. So that's fine as it is.

↑ Up to the top!