Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A new way to throw your vote away!
A new way to throw your vote away!
2004-02-25, 3:46 PM #1
Ralph Nadir has again launched another hopeless bid for the presidency. JUST BECAUSE YOU SAVED THE AMERICAN PUBLIC FROM THE PINTO DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN SAVE US FROM MASSIVE ECONOMIC RECESSION AND THE ENTIRE WORLD BEING PISSED AT US! C'mon, Ralph, conservatives who are pissed at Bush (the group you are apparently relying on) are more likely to vote for Kerry. You know why? BECAUSE HE'S NOT AS LEFT OF CENTER AS YOU ARE! Sorry. [/rant]
2004-02-25, 3:52 PM #2
I don't think Ralph Nader visits these boards anymore, so he probably won't get your message. Sorry.

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-02-25, 3:54 PM #3
"Vote for your hopes, not for your fears."
Those bees all have paws!
2004-02-25, 4:16 PM #4
Nader for President. Not really.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-25, 4:25 PM #5
Your lack of Nader disturbs me...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

An exile of the Soviet Massassi Regime
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-25, 4:27 PM #6
Some people agree with Nadar; approximately 3% of the voters voted for him last election.

Don't be silly, he's not trying to become president for 2004. He's trying to get the green party off the ground. If he can get 5% of the popular vote, that means he gets federal funding, which means in turn his party will grow in multiples.

Does he have a chance of getting 5%? Sure, but it means that Bush probably would be reelected.

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2004-02-25, 4:39 PM #7
I thought this thread was going to be about a new way to cast a ballot. I want my 30 seconds back.
2004-02-25, 5:08 PM #8
If Nader is the only one for Gay Marriage, I'll vote for him.

------------------
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
2004-02-25, 5:22 PM #9
He's not running on the Green Party ticket this time.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-25, 5:25 PM #10
He wants bush out of office, but ironically, him running will reduce the chances of that happening.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-25, 5:40 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
Your lack of Nader disturbs me...

</font>

Brilliant

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-02-25, 5:55 PM #12
Wooo! Go Independents!!!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-25, 6:11 PM #13
My logic prof is a green-party person.. which usually means the course-time is about half teaching-logic, and about half green-party soap-boxes. Not to say theyre entirely uninteresting, he just is very circuitous and nattering and takes a long time to put a position together..

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-25, 6:37 PM #14
I don't think anyone can "save us from recession". Besides, pretty much all economists agree that the worst is over.

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-02-25, 6:55 PM #15
Nader will definetly take some votes away from the Democratic candidate, but I really don't think he'll be as big of a factor as many think. Most states are already "locked up" (you could, theoretically, give some states to the Dems and others to Bush right now-states like WA, OR, will go Dem, TX, OK will go Rep...), so there are only a few states Nader can screw up. He won't get enough votes to screw it up.
BUT, since I live in a Democratic Washington state, I can vote for Nader without feeling guilty!

------------------
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
2004-02-25, 11:05 PM #16
Richard Kiel has my vote...

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-02-25, 11:10 PM #17
I've got no problem with Nader running. The people who vote for him, however...
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-25, 11:16 PM #18
Clearly any vote is a waste. The Illuminati has already decided on a new President....
2004-02-26, 3:55 AM #19
Ralph Nader was at UT yesterday. I heard from one of my friends that usually votes for that type of candidate. I stopped listening to his political ideals long ago. Every other comment out of his mouth is something negative about Bush. It's one thing to dislike a candidate, which I have no problem with, but I don't think it is necessary to go off shooting one's mouth 24/7.

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."

[This message has been edited by R_ivi_N (edited February 26, 2004).]
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2004-02-26, 7:29 AM #20
You know things are bad when people vote for one candidate just to show their distaste for another. I'm a registered independent and feel that no one deserves my vote this time around. :/

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2004-02-26, 7:38 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
Clearly any vote is a waste. The Illuminati has already decided on a new President....</font>

which one of my illuminati brothers told you that? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-26, 8:31 AM #22
Ralph Nader still plays UT? Damn he should upgrade, UT2k3 is a lot better!

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-02-26, 8:56 AM #23
No it's not, but UT2K4 is. I'm surprised he hasn't been playing the demo.

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-02-26, 9:31 AM #24
Nader stands no chance of winning. Even if he's running just for the federal funding, the Green Party simply will not ever win an election because they are too extreme. The whole reason why Democrats and Republicans always win is because they are both relatively moderate opposites of each other. The Green Party is too far left for most Democrats, so even if they get 5%, that federal funding isn't ever going to win them an election, especially a presidential one.

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-02-26, 9:46 AM #25
The Green Party doesn't want anything to do with him this time around.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-26, 9:48 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eversor:
Some people agree with Nadar; approximately 3% of the voters voted for him last election.</font>
So he almost made it into office.[/incredibly exaggerated sarcasm]

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-26, 9:59 AM #27
For all the amount they talk, democratic politicians tend to vote and rule republican more often than not a lot of the time..

And really, who wants to vote for a party that keeps its incriminating evidence on a network neighbourhood share without a password [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-26, 10:40 AM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eversor:
Don't be silly, he's not trying to become president for 2004. He's trying to get the green party off the ground. If he can get 5% of the popular vote, that means he gets federal funding, which means in turn his party will grow in multiples.</font>

[soapbox]
I'm surprised by how little people on this thread know about this election.. first of all, he's not running for the Green party, he's going Independent.

Just because you can't win, doesn't mean you shouldn't try to effect the outcome. He knows he can't win, you could go up and start screaming that at him, and he'd just say "Duh." He wants to put an end to the 2 party system. He and his supporters are sick and tired of candidates avoiding critical issues like gun control or abortion, just because it will alienate them from some potential voters.

The green party isn't sick of him, but he wants to run as an independent. (I forget exactly why) The Green's haven't decided if they to try to convince him to run for them again.

He won't win. He knows it. His party knows it. It's no surprise. He's running to show people that they don't have to vote for a Republican or a Democrat. You don't have to take the fact that the main candidates, one of which will win, are avoiding main issues.
If I was old enough to vote, I'd probably vote for Nader.
[/soapbox]

I think the only person who has any idea of what's going on in this election is Jon'C with his illuminati statement.. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-26, 12:24 PM #29
VOTE FITTY! Al Sharpton for VP!

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-26, 12:27 PM #30
Word, dawg.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-26, 2:04 PM #31
A Nader\Sharpton ticket. That is scary.

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?

↑ Up to the top!