Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help me find a new T-Shirt!
Help me find a new T-Shirt!
2004-02-26, 12:10 AM #1
Recently I've been looking to expand my wardrobe. Rather than wander down to some of the local clothing stores and hurling my money at the various attractive sales assistants, just to realize I've spent $20 on a T-Shirt, in hopes I would get the phone number of the pretty girl that told me I looked great in it, I have decided to aquire some funky shirts online. eBay being the location.

I've broswed just about all that the Aussie eBay has to offer for shirts, and picked up a few beauties along the way, but I've realized Aussie sellers just don't have much to offer in terms of unique and -gasp- uncommon shirts.

My only methods of payment right now are either COD, Bank Deposite or Money Order. When I possibly get a little bit more money to throw about, I will definately look into getting some gear from thinkgeek and the like, but right now I'm after cheap stuff. I don't care if it's second-hand.

I am interested in getting some t-shirts made by brands that *aren't* clothing brands. The last item I bid on was a Coca Cola t-shirt, for example. I'm interested in getting some shirts from food, drink, cartoon, movie, game etc. lables. As much as I've thought about what brand of cereal I'd love to wear, I've been falling short with ideas. Australian brands seen to have little to offer. And as much as I would love to just browse through the thousands apon thousands of t-shirts for auction, I'd just like some ideas to look for directly. So what I'm asking of you is some suggestings of what you've seen or what would be cool to search for.

Thankyou for your time.

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-02-26, 12:31 AM #2
Have you also considered ThinkGeek?

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-26, 12:33 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
Have you also considered ThinkGeek?</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jin:
...I will definately look into getting some gear from thinkgeek and the like...</font>

------------------
2004-02-26, 12:47 AM #4
http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/033287.html

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-02-26, 12:50 AM #5
You can find shirts like that down here in stores like Guess What or those other 'weird for the sake of weird' shops you find in shopping centers. Just be prepared to pay a little. Also, take a look at Sunday markets. The Queen Vic Market here in Melbourne has heaps of stalls with crappy fake-logo merchandise.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

[This message has been edited by Spork (edited February 26, 2004).]
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-26, 1:00 AM #6
Unfortunately, I don't really have the means to get to those stores in Melbourne. The combined cost of bus fare and a cheap knock-off shirt just doesn't seem worth it when I could get the real deal, possibly pre-owned, sent to me from somewhere like the United States. And if I'm lucky I could get it for the same price, or maybe cheaper. I bought a jacket off eBay from an American seller, and I payed a total of about $30AU, which included the jacket, shiping costs, and the $8 for an internation money order.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jin (edited February 26, 2004).]
2004-02-26, 1:52 AM #7
Hmm...

- CAD
- PA
- MacHall

------------------
The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, The Father of Rocketry
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-02-26, 3:04 PM #8
Homestar Runner!

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-26, 3:38 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jin:
Help me find a new T-Shirt!</font>
I'm sorry, but getting advice on clothes from Massassians is just... sad.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-26, 4:24 PM #10
Maddox dot xmission dot com

'Nuff said

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!