Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ouch
ouch
2004-02-27, 3:53 AM #1
Ok this is really starting to make me mad..

Everytime I touch metal I get a big shock, EVERY time and it's really starting to annoy me... [/rant]

------------------
I felt like destroying something beautiful.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2004-02-27, 3:58 AM #2
get a battery and start collecting the charge...at least make some use out of it....

------------------
I heard someone say once that the world is a fine place and that it was worth fighting for....I agree with the last part.

People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots website
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2004-02-27, 4:46 AM #3
Touch all your door handles with something metal (like a key or coin) before touching it yourself.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-27, 5:26 AM #4
Put your fingers in an outlet.

Or wear rubber gloves!

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-27, 5:31 AM #5
Stay away from plastic chairs. For some reason, they build up static charge without you even trying to.
If that's not it, then I have no idea.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-27, 7:07 AM #6
Ive got these pair of pants . . . theyre terrible. Just by walking around in them, I generate a HIGH amount of static... And then when I reach for a door handle, BAM!

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-27, 9:09 AM #7
Think of it as low-grade force lightning. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-27, 9:32 AM #8
He's a mutant. Kill the mutant!

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-27, 9:34 AM #9
stay moisturized. it might seem sissy, but you can secretly carry some hand lotion or something.

------------------
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2004-02-27, 9:49 AM #10
Hmmm...the same thing happened to me about a year ago. Whenever I'd get out of a car and then touch the door, I'd get shocked. Then for some reason it just stopped one day. Perhaps the friction of me sliding off the seat did it, but why would it suddenly stop?

My advice: follow what everybody else has said so far.

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-02-27, 10:07 AM #11
The low humidity that Winter brings results in large buildups of static charges. Once spring arrives, the warmer temperatures will allow higher humidity, thus stopping your problems. In the mean time, try to find ways to increase the moisture level. Moisturization lotion is good, and for around the house, you could provide water that would evaporate into the warmer, indoor air.

------------------
Nes digs around in the trash can.
Nes finds a hamburger!
Nes puts the hamburger in his backpack.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-02-27, 10:31 AM #12
In my friends house, he has a big armchair, and i generate a static charge just about every time i sit in it, no matter for how long. it really sucks when playing crystal cronicles, since i end up shocking my gameboy and having to restart it (the gameboy, not the cube. that's a tad more resistant.)

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-02-27, 12:16 PM #13
humidifyer

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-28, 5:22 AM #14
ok, if your in a car, and about to get out of it, and dont want to get shocked...

Open the door, tuch the metal, then get out, tuch the car again, no shock.

This works for anything cause' it grounds you. Do the same for stiing in plastic chairs or really fluffy sweaters. Also dont let static build up walking around, a small shock is much better than a big one, so tuch metal things as you walk through your house exc.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.

↑ Up to the top!