Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → In a level, I have stuff, and are all copyright, and what can I keep?
In a level, I have stuff, and are all copyright, and what can I keep?
2004-02-28, 3:13 AM #1
Hi!
I have in a level stuff that I've taken from all over the place. I have nice sounds from Myst, Riven, Myst3, Marble Deluxe, and JO. Now, I'm sorting out my sounds, trying to use the stuff around me to replace these stolen sounds.
Problem... The escaping sounds from the Stormtroopers from JO, may I keep those? If not, could I have someone out there make me some escaping voices?
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Situation:
Hero on a transport. It comes into the station. Troopers waiting. One walks in, and finds noone and says...

</font>

Something like "He's not here" or "He escaped" or "He got away"... Or make something up along those lines, but with a trooper voice. Include bloopers! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Next, I took 2 stormtrooper and 2 officer 'Hay you' sounds from JO so I could replace some of the 'Hay you's from JK. It is basicaly voices where the word Jedi is mentioned. Reason for replacing them is becuase the hero ain't a Jedi! Or at least they don't believe it... Can I keep, or is anyone willing to make some for me?

And now, are the Myst sounds copyrighted? Or can I take them. If no, then... ... . . .. I'll need a pocket recorder and a, either factory or a junk yard.

Wish me luck with a ambiences.

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-02-28, 4:05 AM #2
if you're gonna steal sounds from other games, at least have the good sense not to tell us all, and modify them sufficiently so that it sounds quite dfferent.

*cough*

Technically, ILLLEGALL!!! ARGH BEGONEDIESTABSTABSTAB.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-02-28, 4:08 AM #3
He was ASKING what was illegal and what wasn't. Notice how he's trying to REPLACE the stolen sounds.

You'll need somebody to re-record anything you can. You can't keep anything that was in any other game (other than JK) in a JK level.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-28, 4:28 AM #4
Oh, by the way... I don't think all sounds are copyrighted... I have heard beep2.wav in 2 other places. Once in Sev Trek the movie, and another in Aliens vs Predator. And I'm sure JO got their CPU ambients by holding a mic right next to a noisy computer. Only problem would be that... I have no working "hand held" mics nor can I amplify the sound... The only thing that might work is... Well... The lego I have...
/Edward
2004-02-28, 4:43 AM #5
Sure, I've heard DooM zombie sounds everywhere. Doesn't mean that they can necessarily be used in JK.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-28, 4:57 AM #6
Meh, making Stormtrooper sounds is easy. All you need is a mic and a copy of Goldwave.

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-28, 6:13 AM #7
You were never really clear on what the level is for, I'm assuming JK.

You cannot use sounds from JO or any other game in your level. That's illegal.

BTW - this really should be in the editing forum.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
2004-02-28, 8:01 AM #8
Aye. JK it is... I've managed to convert alot of files... Ah, who am I kidding... I've only converted 3, And I guess the rest will have to be from JK...
2004-02-28, 8:10 AM #9
Edward, I can make you some voice sounds. I've created my own sounds for a level I'm working on. But I can only do some voice acting, so if you want me to record, "Hey you!" or something else, just ask me.

------------------
-> The Cosmic Castaway <-

-> Titan A.E. <-
Titan A.E.
2004-02-28, 8:23 AM #10
Yeah, if you need a voice actor, i'm here. I recorded some sounds for drunk people in the bar in DS' new level (dont think it was showcased a lot). But yeah, if you've got goldwave you can filter it so it sounds just like a stormie.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-02-28, 8:28 AM #11
Aww, I don't have GoldWave. Bummer... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
-> The Cosmic Castaway <-

-> Titan A.E. <-
Titan A.E.
2004-02-28, 1:15 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cosmic Castaway:
Aww, I don't have GoldWave. Bummer... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

</font>

You do realize its free don't you? All you have to do is download it.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!