Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Illogical modem problems.
Illogical modem problems.
2004-02-28, 6:22 PM #1
Okay, so this is really funky, about 3 days ago after rebooting, Trillian deleted its own buddylist, I've had this happen a few times, but thats not whats important.
My modem acts REALLY sluggish and unstable at night mostly, it hangs for about 15 - 30 seconds before its actually usable after connecting. So, A: Its my phone line (routed through a jack downstairs which goes to the main box, and theres allot of cable between here and there.)

However, I installed the original drivers and they worked correctly, a hangtime of only 5 seconds and pages loaded fast, however its pretty unstable, and another bad thing ( dunno if this still happens) but whenever I rebooted when using the old drivers, they'd not work after rebooting, only after reinstallation would they work correctly.
I am not using the XP service pack, so that might have something to do with it, I'm getting that on disc soon.

The new drivers for my Intel modem have been working since early january perfectly, and only stopped functioning a few days ago after we had heavy rains.

Any ideas what is wrong? hopefully SP1 might help, if that fails to correct the situation, I'll assume its my extention, and I will proceed to have my father rewire the cable to the box itself rather then the indoors extention, that might help both my speed and stability (I connect at 33,000 KBPS. wheras downstaires we get 45 - 47)

Help would be appriciated if possible, thanks.

------------------
"In the memory you'll find me. Eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly.
Untill the sun rises up."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*

↑ Up to the top!