Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Third grader suspended for inch long G. I. Joe gun.
Third grader suspended for inch long G. I. Joe gun.
2004-02-26, 2:10 PM #1
How crazy is this?

Click here (may be asked to enter zip and birth year)

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
A third-grader at Sun Valley Elementary was suspended this week for bringing a G.I. Joe toy handgun to school.

Austin Crittenden, 9, and his family say the school in eastern Birmingham went too far by sending him home for bringing a tiny plastic handgun that accompanied a G.I. Joe action figure.
</font>

Seems to me grade schools are seriously becoming more and more like prisons. I mean thats insane.

It seems he has since been reinstated. At least they did have some sense.

------------------
Think Them Skimpy thoughts!!!

[This message has been edited by Skrompy (edited February 26, 2004).]
Think Them Skimpy thoughts!!!
2004-02-26, 2:11 PM #2
Well he could have shoved that down some kids throat and choked him!!

Or you know.. not. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-26, 2:18 PM #3
When I saw "suspended," I at first though some kids hung him upside down until they gave him the gun.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-26, 2:20 PM #4
Gosh... i remember being in 3rd grade... my friends and I used to play with those toy guns that shoot plastic pellets out in the woods behind the playground during recess. (now that i think of it, we kinda still do (airsoft) haha... oh thats kinda funny).

being taken out of school for a tiny toy gun is... stupid.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-02-26, 2:21 PM #5
Haha, poor kid.
2004-02-26, 2:30 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Skrompy:
Seems to me grade schools are seriously becoming more and more like prisons. I mean thats insane.
</font>

Actually, I doubt they'd go that far in a prison.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-26, 2:32 PM #7
The suspension for taking Motrin is even owrse.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-26, 2:33 PM #8
"Possible punishments for a Class III violation such as this one include expulsion and alternative school, she said."

Alternitive school for a frelling toy gun that could hardly be used to choke anouther kid? This, people, is what insanity looks like.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-02-26, 2:39 PM #9
When I was in 3rd grade I brought G.I. Joe to school with his m16 and frag grenades. No one ever bothered ME about it. That's ridiculous...

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-02-26, 2:48 PM #10
When I was in that grade this other kid and I brought Star Wars: Micromachines ( I miss them [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] ) to school and played with them. We never got in trouble for having the Death star or the rancor... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Fear, It Controls The Fearful. The Strong. The Weak. The Innocent. Fear Is My Ally!

The Arcane Sith
2004-02-26, 4:48 PM #11
That is ridiculous... unless you know, the kid is Stewart Little. Then it's like 1:1 scale and totally different.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-02-26, 4:57 PM #12
even still it's not functional

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-26, 5:01 PM #13
i had some GI Joes that i took for show and tell back when i was in like 1st grade and they all had guns one even had a sniper rifle so OMG I MUST BE A SCHOOL SHOOTER AND A SNIPER...

thats like my friend's brother who got threatened with expulsion over drawing a picture of an AMERICAN SOLDIER who happened to have a gun (which the guy in the drawing wasn't even firing) he got out of it when his parents showed up and had a long talk with the principal...

the moral of this story... if your teachers and principal are retards don't even draw a picture with a gun in it if you draw a soldier make sure he is pointing a fish at his enemies

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-26, 5:02 PM #14
The school systems are a little overreactive in these areas. Near the end of my 7th grade, my friend brought a little water gun to school (empty, but not like he couldn't fill it up in the bathroom), and he got expelled. He didn't even "shoot" anyone. They let him back in the next year, though.

I should have gotten at least suspended for what I did. I stuck a paper clip in the light switch and shorted out the classroom! I got a talk with my principle and my mom, and that was it.

There was another thing I wanted to mention, but I forgot. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-02-26, 5:03 PM #15
Not fish, walkie-talkies. =)
2004-02-26, 6:44 PM #16
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif] I officially claim the moon. Anyone who wants to come live on the moon with me, you're welcome.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-02-26, 7:39 PM #17
Better to send all these idiots to the moon so we can live on earth without them.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-27, 2:31 AM #18
i like eather of thoes ideas

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-02-27, 3:17 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Skrompy:

Seems to me grade schools are seriously becoming more and more like prisons.
</font>

Yep, it now seems that schools focus more on keeping students in line, then really teach us something.

My math teacher one day keep us outside the class because one person had their foot "out of line" or one person was whispering to someone, we waited out there for almost the whole class period when we should have been inside LEARNING SOMETHING.

------------------

"Run Away!"
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-02-27, 3:45 AM #20
I wanna know in what manner they caught the child with the gun. Untill then, I cannot give my opinion.

------------------
I felt like destroying something beautiful.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2004-02-27, 7:38 AM #21
They planted it on him of course:P Schools are freakin ignorant about that stuff. I'm going to home school my kid cause he would learn stuff and get disciplined.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-02-27, 8:07 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
Better to send all these idiots to the moon so we can live on earth without them.

</font>

ONE OF THESE DAYS! BAM! POW! STRAIGHT TO THE MOON!

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-27, 8:55 AM #23
I remember after 4-20-1999, when my state banned ANY first-person computer games (this would include things like Myst).

Later, I remember playing The hunt for Al-Qaeda at school. Of course, I got the opportunity to use Bush's defense: It was patriotic. The teacher finally agreed that they really couldn't find anything wrong with the game, but reccomended that I didn't play it, in case the board of education came around.

Of course, by now, my brother plays UT2k4 at school. Then again, the school system's technicians falsely assumed that the program Deep Freeze, along with not allowing student access to the HDD, would prohibit anybody from insalling/playing games, or using anything aside from Microsoft Works (MS Office was absent), and Internet Explorer. I could rant on and on about the incompetence of the system's computer people, but I don't want to drag this off-topic.

So, to sum it up, It just astounds me that the general public gets so freaked out over things like this. Handguns are only #3 for instruments of killing (40k deaths/year); #2 is automobiles (50k deaths/year), and #1 is tobacco (380k deaths/year). There have only been a handful of incidents of children killing others with guns, but nobody is up in arms about the often-fatal dangers of the automobile...

------------------
Nes digs around in the trash can.
Nes finds a hamburger!
Nes puts the hamburger in his backpack.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-02-27, 9:04 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:

thats like my friend's brother who got threatened with expulsion over drawing a picture of an AMERICAN SOLDIER who happened to have a gun (which the guy in the drawing wasn't even firing) he got out of it when his parents showed up and had a long talk with the principal...

</font>

That is totally f***ed up.

whatever happened to free speech? I would personally set the ACLU loose on these people.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-27, 9:14 AM #25
I'd rather my kid play with a G.I. Joe then with the "Crack Whore Barbie Playset" Barbie teaches people to be slutty and thin :P

Damn schools. A kid just got suspended for saying that his amplifier box was a bomb at my school. He was walking down the hall, and he says "This is no amp! It's a bomb!" got sent to the "office" and got 2 days suspension.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike

It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Think while it's still legal.
2004-02-27, 11:11 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
ONE OF THESE DAYS! BAM! POW! STRAIGHT TO THE MOON!

</font>

Its bang! zoom! STRAIGHT TO THE MOON!

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

------------------
"In the memory you'll find me. Eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly.
Untill the sun rises up."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-02-27, 11:26 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Keith Marshall:
When I was in that grade this other kid and I brought Star Wars: Micromachines ( I miss them [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] ) to school and played with them. We never got in trouble for having the Death star or the rancor... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

I have the rancor! Its so cool!

I must admit, the way you get the figures out was rather funny, when I found out I thought it was rather silly. for those who don't know: its *** opens up (tail) and the figures drop out. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
"In the memory you'll find me. Eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly.
Untill the sun rises up."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-02-28, 6:44 AM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Elana14:
i like eather of thoes ideas

</font>

Preferably not both though [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-02-28, 6:46 AM #29
Wow, thats bull****.

------------------
Restless 2

Sanctum de la Mort
2004-02-28, 6:57 AM #30
Pah. That's nothing. Back in the good ol' days, I used to bring grenades into infant school.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-02-28, 7:06 AM #31
Actually, the my middle school's paranoid-ness accounted for one of the best school days of my life.

We were near the end of the third-to-last class, when the fire alarm went off. I was shuffled out with everyone else to the large field near my school. While we were waiting, we figured out that it wasn't a drill becasue 1.) We were spending way too long outside for it to be a drill, and 2.) The fire trucks weren't already there, but they started to show up, along with the police!

When we were finally let back in (with no damage done to the school) it was the end of the second-to-last class (Yes! Awesome!) As we were packing up to go to our next classes, the PA came on saying that the school had received an unmarked package in the mail and that is had been ticking. It turns out, after careful inspection, that the package contained a calculator that had been sent to the school.

Hilharious! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"With Great power comes great Responibility. Seems like the converse should be true as well. Now where the heck is my great Power?"
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2004-02-28, 7:34 AM #32
Why was a calculator ticking?

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited February 28, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-02-28, 10:19 AM #33
damn, american schools should all close until the teachers have flushed all the stupid out of their systems.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-28, 10:43 AM #34
All that is... Just seriously wrong.
2004-02-28, 11:09 AM #35
Back in my day, the teachers gave us guns so we could fight off the Indians.

[This message has been edited by Mystic0 (edited February 28, 2004).]
2004-02-28, 7:02 PM #36
Mystic0, that sounds like fun!

Since when do WE ever get to have guns? Hmm?
*silence*
I thought so.

Let's take out the Al Queda (sp? - nobody really gives a rip about spelling! Lets just kick them silly!!!)

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.

↑ Up to the top!