Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → File d/l not working?
File d/l not working?
2004-03-02, 11:31 AM #1
I tried to d/l a level, but it just hangs:
http://files.massassi.net/levels/motssp/RoaJ.zip. Posted 1430PDT on 02 MAR 2004.
2004-03-02, 11:33 AM #2
I would tell you to read the news, but it's pretty old news, therefore I don't think it's on the main page anymore.
The file server is down. There's a link to a backup server you can use someplace, but I'm too lazy to find it.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-03-02, 11:34 AM #3
Under the news for March 1st, there is a news item with a link and instructions for the backup file server.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-03-02, 11:35 AM #4
It's still there. Here's the link.

http://massassiftp.sorrowind.net/

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-03-02, 11:40 AM #5
You think we should just remove the hyperlink(s) from the main page that pertains to any file downloads?

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-03-02, 11:42 AM #6
Ah, yes! I did glance at the front page, just didn't look down far enough. Tnx for the links.

Update: Oops -- that server is down, too: "Cannot find server or DNS Error".
I'll check back later.

[This message has been edited by kaborka (edited March 02, 2004).]
2004-03-02, 12:05 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kaborka:
Ah, yes! I did glance at the front page, just didn't look down far enough. Tnx for the links.

Update: Oops -- that server is down, too: "Cannot find server or DNS Error".
I'll check back later.

</font>

Erm, no its not... I just checked it.
If you are having problems for some reason, use this link here. But don't expect it to stay working... it's a dynamic IP, and thus subject to change. The URL above I change to match my IP, but it rarely changes.

ftp://24.166.247.174/

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...

[This message has been edited by Cool Matty (edited March 02, 2004).]
2004-03-02, 1:09 PM #8
The IP link works fine, but I still get DNS error on the text link. Weird. Thanks, I got my level.

Update: It's my lousy ISP's DNS servers. OK now.

↑ Up to the top!