Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Another odd story...
Another odd story...
2004-03-02, 1:03 PM #1
Teacher bets student to jump out window

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - A high school student jumped out a second-floor window to win a bet with a teacher, who has been disciplined, officials said. The teen was not injured. </font>

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-03-02, 1:05 PM #2
And another...

Sorry, I was browsing Yahoo's Oddly Enough section and just found this one, but didn't want to create yet another topic. The story is funny and the last sentence cracked me up.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The woman, whose condition was not known, was later flown by helicopter to a hospital in the capital Palermo -- though not by her son. </font>

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-03-02, 1:49 PM #3
Horray for Sicily!

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-03-02, 1:52 PM #4
A bunch of the window latches on the second floor of my school are broken, and I had a guy in one of my classes jump out while the teacher was making copies in the workroom. All he had was a little grass stain on his jeans.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-03-02, 1:54 PM #5
haha...those are great

------------------
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

New! Fireworks T-shirts!
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

Boomtown Fireworks - Washington State fireworks retailer - huge selection!
2004-03-02, 1:59 PM #6
in our ground level Civics class there's large, top-hinged windows, in warmer weather the teacher had them open, so one guys got out, and then walked to the school doors, and then walked back into class without the teacher noticing

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-03-02, 2:07 PM #7
In certain places on third floor at my school, the windows are directly above the roof of second floor rooms that are extended beyond third floor. Some guy in a geography class once went out the window and was walking around on the roof.

He didn't jump though.

------------------
Death to all who oppose me!
Stuff
2004-03-02, 2:34 PM #8
Maybe I'm missing the point, but how does remaining uninjured after a jump out of a second-story window disprove or prove anything related to evolution, outside of the fact that natural selection failed to weed this kid out of the gene pool?

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-02, 7:15 PM #9
Yeah. While you can hurt yourself jumping from the second story, you can also do it without hurting yourslef if you know how to do it.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-03, 12:46 AM #10
are you talking about first floor or second floor here? assuming ground floor is there too, I used to jump off my garage roof all the time when I was a kid, that roof is about level with the upstairs of our house.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-03-03, 1:30 AM #11
The kid jumped on his own accord. What's the big deal?

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance

↑ Up to the top!