Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What ties can you tie?
What ties can you tie?
2004-03-03, 12:02 AM #1
I just had a completely random and silly thought... but how well can you tie a necktie or bowtie? I can do a necktie with my eyes closed, but bowties are a fiddle, and i know some people who go crosseyed when they see either.

I think this is through having a school uniform for a long time... what about you?

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-03-03, 12:10 AM #2
I can tie a necktie. Never really had to tie a bow tie.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-03, 2:53 AM #3
I can tie a double Windsor and a half Windsor on a normal tie. No idea where to start with a bowtie, the only one I ever had was clip-on [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-03-03, 4:41 AM #4
Uh... The normal one, whatever its called...
2004-03-03, 4:59 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by UndeadOne:
Uh... The normal one, whatever its called...</font>

my thoughts exactly

------------------
"I like my women how I like my coffee, in a plastic cup." - Eddie Izzard
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-03-03, 5:05 AM #6
I have to wear a tie in school. And I tie it cack-handed.. or should that be Kakhanded? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, The Father of Rocketry
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-03-03, 5:18 AM #7
I can't tie any kind of tie. I never had to wear one, and I never intend to wear one. Ties suck.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-03-03, 6:03 AM #8
I'm a boy scout. If I can't currently tie it I can learn to tie it in two minutes, and for the rest of my life I'll never get it wrong.
2004-03-03, 6:34 AM #9
I wear a tie at least once a week; sometimes two or three. I can tie one with my eyes closed..

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-03-03, 6:51 AM #10
Neither. I'll just have to learn, I suppose, as I love ties.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-03-03, 7:05 AM #11
No idea how to tie a tie. I had my dad tie mine, and I just leave them tied.

------------------
--------------------------------------
Fear is here, where's the beer?
--------------------------------------
Fear is here, where's the beer?

↑ Up to the top!