Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Time To Deployment
Time To Deployment
2004-03-04, 1:43 PM #1
Battlefield: Vietnam hits store shelves in eleven days!

Comments/Flames/Rants?

------------------
Fear, It Controls The Fearful. The Strong. The Weak. The Innocent. Fear Is My Ally!

The Arcane Sith
2004-03-04, 1:44 PM #2
Yep, I'll be getting it.

There are so many good games coming out this month!

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-03-04, 1:45 PM #3
Bleh, this hasn't got me hyped up for some reason. I doubt I'll be getting it...

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-03-04, 1:51 PM #4
Wha? Not a BF:1942 player I guess. I'll probably give it a whirl when I get a little extra money.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-04, 2:06 PM #5
Personally, I prefer WWII combat. It is more fun for me to go against the evil Axis than a bunch of communists in tress.

But if the combat is good...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

An exile of the Soviet Massassi Regime
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-03-04, 2:33 PM #6
I can;t wait to get it. Eve of Destruction was good so I can imagine how good BF:V is going to be. And not all Axis soldiers were evil they just fought for their country. their leaders were evil though

------------------
*Bjorn*
muhahahha FIRE!!!!!!!! :) :( >:) :D ;(.
hi
*Bjorn*
muhahahha FIRE!!!!!!!! :) :( >:) :D ;(.
hi
2004-03-04, 2:51 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
Wha? Not a BF:1942 player I guess. I'll probably give it a whirl when I get a little extra money.

</font>

I am, and I love it, but the whole vietnam thing just doesn't really interest me. I guess I'm more into WWII like Echoman or something.

------------------
2004-03-04, 3:05 PM #8
What's more interesting than flying an apache helicopter and picking off your friends while they scramble to hide in the trees! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] (the apache isn't on the vehicles list, but in the new PC Gamer I got in the mail today it showed a screenie of one!)

------------------
Fear, It Controls The Fearful. The Strong. The Weak. The Innocent. Fear Is My Ally!

The Arcane Sith
2004-03-05, 12:57 AM #9
I, too, am more into WWII. Perhaps I should go get another game from the MoH series...

------------------
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing: Fallen Soldier
(no site up yet...)
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2004-03-05, 2:44 AM #10
I have a bad feeling EA are charging $89 for something we can already download for free, thanks to EoD.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-03-05, 3:06 AM #11
As much as I loved BF1942, I'll be waiting till this one hits the bargain bin. The original is still alive and kicking with mods like Desert Combat and I just don't see enough innovation to the sequel for me to shell out full price....especially with Far Cry only a few weeks away.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-03-05, 9:26 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What's more interesting than flying an apache helicopter and picking off your friends while they scramble to hide in the trees! (the apache isn't on the vehicles list, but in the new PC Gamer I got in the mail today it showed a screenie of one!)</font>

I'm 99.9% sure you're mistaken about the Apache. We didn't have Apache's during Vietnam. We might've had a few prototypes near the very end, but they defintely didn't see combat in Vietnam.

The chopper you're referring to is the old AH-1 Cobra. While it looks slightly similar to the mighty Apache, there are a number of way to tell them apart.

1)The fuselage(body) of the Cobra is very thin when compared to the Apache.

2)The "wings" of the Cobra are also smaller than those on the Apache.

3)The nose turret on the Cobra is completely different from the one on the Apache. Also, the Apache has a much larger assortment/amount of weapons.

Here's a pic of the Cobra:
[http://www.rotorhead.org/military/images/ah1-4small.jpg]

and here's a pic of the Apache:
[http://www.rotorhead.org/military/images/ah64-1small.jpg]

[This message has been edited by Mister_Sinister (edited March 05, 2004).]
2004-03-05, 11:54 AM #13
Don't shoot the messanger, Im just saying what PC Gamer had in their magazine article on Battlefield: Vietnam. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] They probably made a typo or something now that i think of it, because if they had that kind of technology back then, we would have something more advanced now. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

The Arcane Sith

[This message has been edited by Keith Marshall (edited March 05, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!