Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Witch Hunter Robin
Witch Hunter Robin
2004-03-04, 2:39 PM #1
So anybody been watching this new series on Adult Swim lately? It's not as action paced as something like Trigun, but it is kind of intriguing I guess. Basically it's about an organization known as STN-J hunting witches. It's kind of like the X-Files in a way.

[http://www.clarkson.edu/~anime/pics/witch_hunter_robin02.jpg]
2004-03-04, 2:57 PM #2
I watch it...little suprise for people to know that I think Robin is HOT...(get it? Fire power? yeah...)

------------------
In short, there's a special place in hell for you, Juztyn.. And I'll save you a seat, 'cause God knows I'm not headed north..
2004-03-04, 2:59 PM #3
It's OKAY. After seeing Bebop and Trigun it just can't compare.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-04, 3:03 PM #4
Unfortunately it is on Cartoon Network, and thus doesn't compare to the original. The original is great. The CN version is... modest at best.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2004-03-04, 3:57 PM #5
Really? What's different? I've only seen it on Adult Swim, but it seems great so far.

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-03-04, 3:58 PM #6
I don't see much of a difference.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-05, 4:27 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Unfortunately it is on Cartoon Network, and thus doesn't compare to the original. The original is great. The CN version is... modest at best.

</font>

What is edited? Beside the sexual comment the old lady made in one episode.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I watch it...little suprise for people to know that I think Robin is HOT...(get it? Fire power? yeah...)</font>

Only with her glasses right? She should get contacts instead. I guess STN-J isn't paying her enough.
2004-03-05, 6:40 PM #8
Looks cool, but I haven't really sat down and watched an episode straight through. It'll usually be on when I'm on the computer or something.
2004-03-05, 6:58 PM #9
I both love it and I hate it.

Everything about this show is flat kickass except for the way they screw with witches.

Like, I don't have some bias in favor of witches, but about half of the witches I've seen them kill (mind you I haven't seen many episodes) aren't really doing anything bad.

It's just "You have power, die!" Now I don't agree with that at all, that's BS.

The crew all have an assload of issues, but it'll grow on me.
2004-03-05, 11:24 PM #10
eh

it's okay. AS needs Hellsing on there though
2004-03-06, 8:40 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Master Jack:
eh

it's okay. AS needs Hellsing on there though
</font>

I heard alot about this series. Is it basically a vampire organization that hunts down vampires? Alucard looks cool though.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Like, I don't have some bias in favor of witches, but about half of the witches I've seen them kill (mind you I haven't seen many episodes) aren't really doing anything bad.</font>

They kill people, although they only kill bad people. I guess the STN doesn't agree with their vigilante justice.

↑ Up to the top!