Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hobbit Movie!
Hobbit Movie!
2004-03-06, 1:35 PM #1
If you check the Slashdot Site then you'll notice the newest article there. Sorry for the back-to-back topic posting, but figured you guys would want to know [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-03-06, 1:41 PM #2
Not really new news; Jackson wanted to do The Hobbit and New Line will let him, they just haven't been able to secure the rights.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-03-06, 1:46 PM #3
Well before he "displayed interest" and now he's officially filming it. Good stuff imo.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-03-06, 1:50 PM #4
YES!
2004-03-06, 1:52 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
Jackson wanted to do The Hobbit and New Line will let him, .</font>

oh my, I read that as "Jackson wanted to be The Hobbit"(as in Micheal Jackson), oh my that'd be scary...

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net
2004-03-06, 1:57 PM #6
New Line has the rights to make it MGM has the rights to distribute it. So while Jackson makes King Kong all the lawyers can have the fun.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-06, 1:59 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Well before he "displayed interest" and now he's officially filming it. Good stuff imo.</font>

No he's not, he's still working on King Kong...
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-03-06, 2:00 PM #8
Tofu, you read that wrong, he's filming it when it comes TIME.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-03-06, 2:01 PM #9
But he said he will be doing The Hobbit, if New Line and MGM work something out.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-06, 2:21 PM #10
Another King Kong movie? Greeeaaaat, as if the 1976 one didn't already *******ize and destroy the original.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-03-06, 4:32 PM #11
I'd trust Jackson to do a good job and stay true to the original. By all accounts, he did an incredible job with LotR, despite the things he did change and leave out.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!