Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Possible Virus infection...
Possible Virus infection...
2004-03-06, 7:55 AM #1
Every time I restart my computer, my homepage is reset to a spam page. I don't remember the name of it, if I reboot sometime I'll post it here. Also, I tend to get random pop-ups. I scanned my computer with AVG and Ad-Aware. AVG found a virus and removed it, I still had the problem.

Ad-Aware finds about 12 spyware things on my computer every time I boot up. I remove them, and then they reappear on my next boot. It's very annoying, does anyone know how to fix this?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------@%

The Matrix: Unplugged

I'm a C4D b****!
2004-03-06, 8:08 AM #2
Do a search for the names of the things that AdAware finds in the registry. You may find some things there that are not being removed properly.
Get Spybot Search and Destroy and run it.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
HTP
2004-03-06, 9:30 AM #3
Also turn off the XP system restore for one reboot and remove the items, just in case.
2004-03-06, 6:20 PM #4
Browser hijacker. Download hijackthis.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

↑ Up to the top!