Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Well I just got kicked out of a party for...
Well I just got kicked out of a party for...
2004-03-06, 9:20 PM #1
For being black. Went up the met some of my friends at this huge party. A bunch of people I had gone to high school with were there, so I decided to go see what was up. Note, I was the only person of color at this party of maybe 100. I walk up and one of my friends was really drunk and starts throwing out the N-Word like "This is my nigga,, omg my nigga is here" and he also stumbled the er ending. I knew he was drunk so I kinda let it slide, and it was around a whole bunch of white dudes I didnt know, so I did want to make a scene. I just smiled and let it go. After a 5 min convo with another old friend, I over hear some guys talking about who the black kid was, and what he was doing here. When I was walking up to the party I had heard similar talk. 5 mins late, some dude walks up to the guys I had come to the party with and was like "I dont mean to be a d*** man, but you all got to leave". In my mind I was like WTF, what is going on, and I just told him politley we were getting ready to leave anyways. One other dude I was good friends with walked by, and I asked him if the dude was really clearing out the place, and he was like "No, I dont know why he told yall to leave". as we were leaving I heard someone say the black kid is leaving.

Anyways, I just needed to vent. Never been kicked out of a party for my skin color before, and I have been token at many parties. I have heard people talk about me, but never physically asked to leave. I just needed to vent...gah

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited March 07, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-06, 9:25 PM #2
man, thats just not even cool

------------------
*landfish 'splodes*
7 of 14
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-03-06, 10:01 PM #3
That sucks Ubuu [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-03-06, 10:08 PM #4
Stupid people.

That sucks so much. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-03-06, 10:10 PM #5
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]I HATE RACIST PEOPLE [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]
WE GOT OUTA TOWN BECAUSE ALL THE RACIST PEOPLE [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

sorry that i have post everything in big letters IM MAD [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

------------------
-thank you man, raly appriciate it
2004-03-06, 10:28 PM #6
Racist *******s is all I have to say.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-06, 10:33 PM #7
You handled it well, if it's any consolation.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-03-06, 10:52 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
You handled it well, if it's any consolation.</font>

Agreed.

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-03-06, 11:32 PM #9
Wow. That's absolutely terrible. It's so sad that this kind of thing exists among young people who you'd think had adopted the supposed tolerance of modern western society.

------------------
Or then not. --FastGamerr/Nikumubeki
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-03-07, 1:01 AM #10
You should have tossed a bottle of tear gas into the crowd while leaving.

------------------
"Most people fail to realise their insignificance because of their utter stupidity." -Unknown

-@%
2004-03-07, 3:15 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Terra111:
You should have tossed a bottle of tear gas into the crowd while leaving.

</font>

Yeah, that would have been cool.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-03-07, 3:49 AM #12
Wow. It is really hard to believe such racism still exists today. I really can't believe the nerve of those people who kicked you out. You handled it a lot classier than most people would've. I would've told them to **** off and shove the party up their *** .

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-03-07, 3:50 AM #13
Damn punks.

I am amazed by how you handled it, if i got thrown out of a party for something that doesn't even matter, i would have taken a nice big swing at the guy who told me to leave.

------------------

"Run Away!"
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-03-07, 4:06 AM #14
Yup, that's not even cool. That's just plain stupid. Rascism is for losers... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-03-07, 4:10 AM #15
Well, kudos to you for maintaining your cool like that. You did well in dealing with an *******.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-07, 4:13 AM #16
That really sucks.

Yeah, after further thought about my "this day in age racism shouldn't be such an issue" comment on that other thread, I realised that I was expecting too much of the average human.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-03-07, 4:14 AM #17
What Sine said. That, and racist people suck.
2004-03-07, 4:19 AM #18
I don't know if this is a stretch or not, but keep in mind something... the guy who told you to leave, who said he didn'twant to be a d***, might have asked you to leave because he was trying to protect you from some of his racist friends.

Now, I don't know if he was one of the people talking about you (try to remember if even if he was involved in the conversations, if he was initiating them, or just responding to other people's hateful comments), but it almost sounds like he knew something his friends were up to, and wanted you to leave for your own safety.

Now I am not condoning them telling you to leave, and yes, the whole situation was racist, and yes, I do not have all the facts - so you might need to fill me in a bit more, but I just want to bring up the possibility that the guy was looking out for you.

Just bringing it up because it would be a shame to label everyone at the party racist, if it was only 10-20 out of the 100...

------------------
--------------------------------------
Fear is here, where's the beer?
2004-03-07, 5:21 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
You handled it well, if it's any consolation.</font>

I concur. They suck. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

You should come to California. We love everybody here! Even hobos.

[This message has been edited by Thrawn42689 (edited March 07, 2004).]
2004-03-07, 5:24 AM #20
you can come to my shin digs any time ubuu!!

------------------
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2004-03-07, 5:24 AM #21
Wow that sucks.

Maybe you should take a tape recorder to your next party.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

An exile of the Soviet Massassi Regime
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-03-07, 5:34 AM #22
You shoulda beat the **** out of those people that were talkin **** about you... that **** is seriously not cool, man. I woulda had my friends back me up if somethin went down.

Racism sucks *** ... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-07, 5:38 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Em Playa:
You shoulda beat the **** out of those people that were talkin **** about you...
</font>

That wouldnt have been smart at all. Ubuu handled it very well. Fighting would have only made it worse

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-03-07, 5:38 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -Fear-:
I don't know if this is a stretch or not, but keep in mind something... the guy who told you to leave, who said he didn'twant to be a d***, might have asked you to leave because he was trying to protect you from some of his racist friends.

Now, I don't know if he was one of the people talking about you (try to remember if even if he was involved in the conversations, if he was initiating them, or just responding to other people's hateful comments), but it almost sounds like he knew something his friends were up to, and wanted you to leave for your own safety.

Now I am not condoning them telling you to leave, and yes, the whole situation was racist, and yes, I do not have all the facts - so you might need to fill me in a bit more, but I just want to bring up the possibility that the guy was looking out for you.

Just bringing it up because it would be a shame to label everyone at the party racist, if it was only 10-20 out of the 100...

</font>

-Fear- does have an excellent point there.

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~ The place to submit your poetical works!
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-03-07, 6:23 AM #25
Quote:
You shoulda beat the **** out of those people that were talkin **** about you... that **** is seriously not cool, man. I woulda had my friends back me up if somethin went down.

</font>

Yes, and in that, you would have only reinforced the already negative racial stareotype, as well as have instilled it into people who previously did not hold those stereotypes in their beliefs.

As much as it sucks, Ubuu did the right thing, not only for himself, but also for his race. Mad props Ubuu.

And Thrawn, I have actually found California to be one of the more intolerant states, from my experience. It seems that you are only accepted if you have a liberal bent to you. I have found them to be quite scathing of moderates and conservatives, at least in colleges, media, and the Hollywood element. Although there are some small towns here and there that are moderate or conservative-friendly.

------------------
2004-03-07, 7:02 AM #26
Em Playa: If I would have fought, I would have been feeding the stereotpyes they believe, an ill mannered, tempered, violent teen. Plus as I had said... a lot of people there were people I went to high school with, and I was not about to embarrass them or put them on the spot to choose sides. It could have easily been 96 vs 4. Wasn't worth it. Now...if he had used the forbidden word on me...I don't know what I would have done.

Fear: It's cool, I understand you are trying to get the story straight. He walked in the area where the guys where talking about me, and gestered over my way. I wouldn't make a big deal if it wasnt what I saw or heard. I was completely sober too.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited March 07, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-07, 7:20 AM #27
Quote:

</font>

Now I mean this in the least racist way possible, but that sort of attitude that some people associate with blacks is exactly the thing that feeds racial hatred.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-03-07, 7:29 AM #28
Wow, here in California people joke around with each other about their race and such, but most people would never even think about seriously being racist.

------------------
I check my e-mail
2004-03-07, 7:33 AM #29
Sorry about that ubuu, but at least nothing worse happened. You should come out to CA and hang with us!
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-03-07, 7:41 AM #30
I weep for the human race....It's times like these where I wish to disassociate myself with humans, knowing how stupid, and unethical they can be.

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy

[This message has been edited by mscbuck (edited March 07, 2004).]
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-03-07, 7:52 AM #31
As was said before, you can't control the way others react towards you, but you can control your reactions towards them. You chose the right way to behave.

It sort of reminds me of a story my pyschology teacher told me. He was in a bar in the deep South with his ex-girfriend of his. In walks a young black male, and heads turn in stereotypical Hollywood fashion. The other patrons begin whispering amongst themselves, and my pyschology teacher recognizes what's going on. He goes up to guy who just walked in, and tells him it's probably best if he leaves.

Now that guy could spend the rest of his days figuring that short, dark-haired Yankee with a New York accent was a racist, but that doesn't change the fact that if he stayed in the bar, he could have been seriously injured, or worse.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-03-07, 8:23 AM #32
Next time someone basically tells you to "Sit, Ubuu, sit, good boy" you should just tear everyone in the room a new *******.
2004-03-07, 8:43 AM #33
damn... sh**... that is whack

Man, it's just sad the way some people thing these days. I wish I had some better advice, but I don't.

------------------
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2004-03-07, 9:11 AM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -Fear-:
And Thrawn, I have actually found California to be one of the more intolerant states, from my experience. It seems that you are only accepted if you have a liberal bent to you. I have found them to be quite scathing of moderates and conservatives, at least in colleges, media, and the Hollywood element. Although there are some small towns here and there that are moderate or conservative-friendly.

</font>

The urban centers (Bay Area, LA, San Diego) are very liberal. The rest of the state is very conservative. It's very regional.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-07, 10:03 AM #35
whhere do you live Ubuu? I know that in most places that wouldnt happen.

I suppose you could come to Utah. You would get strange looks and stuff, but it's not because everyone is racist. It would be because no one here knows blacks exist and they would think you were just in a fire.

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-03-07, 10:16 AM #36
Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-07, 11:07 AM #37
I'm in a way with buck on this. I mean, WTF! What kind of race calls it's own race, a bad race name...? Uhh, wait, we do. DAMN HUMANS, WE ARE DOOMED!

------------------
-> The Cosmic Castaway <-

-> Titan A.E. <-
Titan A.E.
2004-03-07, 11:26 AM #38
I live in Alabama. Here, the racism is the most a**backwards thing you'll ever see. A lot of black people hate white people, and will beat them into a pulp on a whim. So I know this sucks--I can't make any friends because I refuse to associate with a lot of the people here. They're all just too angry, racist, and to be honest they can and will do almost anything to take something of yours that they want. Case in point--in history this kid stole my test while the teacher was out, even though I fought him on it, just to get the answers. I guess there are consequences to having A's in a class [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]. Also, just to clarify, I don't just mean black or white kids in this racist respect.

But yah, racism sucks. I dunno if I could have handled that as well as you--if there would've been an empty beer bottle around, or heck even a full one, there would have been some broken heads.

------------------
There is no signature

[Edit]Whoops, filter didn't catch a choice word. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited March 07, 2004).]
D E A T H
2004-03-07, 11:36 AM #39
Quote:
You shoulda beat the **** out of those people that were talkin **** about you... that **** is seriously not cool, man. I woulda had my friends back me up if somethin went down.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding; it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.</font>

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-07, 12:00 PM #40
Thank you Wolfy [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

By the way, where did you find that?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

↑ Up to the top!