Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hidalgo
Hidalgo
2004-03-07, 4:57 PM #1
10/10

Amazing...

I'm speechless, so... I'll just say wow...

It was very moving, I had tears in my eyes at the end of the movie, which is very rare for me. I was simply amazed at the storyline of a man who cared so deeply for his horse... Not to give anything away, but there's a part where he says "Nobody hurts my horse" And, well from there if you've seen the movie you know what happens.

I saw a forum discussing that the movie changed it's rating to PG-13? Well I can see why after seeing the movie, there is some gore, and the fighting is not the fighting that you'd see in a typical Disney movie. Anyways, overall, the movie was astounding, and I plan on seeing it again. For all of those LOTR fans who fear that Viggo Mortensen's acting will be shattered or something by this movie, fear not, for I am a huge LOTR fan, and I must say, his role was up to par with LOTR, or better. I hope you all see this movie, and if you have feel free to post your comments.

------------------
Maker of the Levels:
Sand Trap
Sand Trap (Night)

Writer/Author of the fanfic: Dragonball Aftershock

_.~'AKA DBF_SuperSaiyan'~._
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2004-03-07, 5:01 PM #2
I heard it sucked. Based on a true story...just like star wars. I hear it was slow and way to long. I'll see it sometime.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-07, 5:06 PM #3
Well, if you remember, "Armed and Dangerous" was based on a true story as well.

------------------
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2004-03-07, 5:09 PM #4
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Hidalgo-1130169/

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-07, 5:28 PM #5
Viggo just doesnt look right in that poster without his manly week-old growth.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-03-07, 5:48 PM #6
Wow, I might be more interested in seeing it, according to you Dark_Night

I, too, heard it wasn't supposed to be that good.

Oh well, everyone has their own opinon about movies. I predict maybe a 6-7/10 rating from myself.

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-03-07, 8:07 PM #7
woah..this movie r0><0rz, but i give it 9/10 only because it could be a little shorter, but other than that, awsome. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

↑ Up to the top!