Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Hobbit ...was.. in the works...?
The Hobbit ...was.. in the works...?
2004-03-07, 12:21 PM #1
Here's the story.

Any discussion? Personally, I haven't even seen Return of the King yet. And I can't wait 'til it comes out on DVD Special Extended version...

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-03-07, 12:26 PM #2
The Hobbit was NEVER in the works right now. Jackson has been saying for years that he is makeing King Kong then AFTER King Kong he will make the Hobbit.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-07, 12:27 PM #3
It's a misleading article.. Jackson said he'll do it, but not until after he finishes King Kong. So the lawyers for New Line and MGM have a few years to work out the issues..
2004-03-07, 2:54 PM #4
^
That pretty much sums it up

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-07, 3:56 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snake-Eyes:
Personally, I haven't even seen Return of the King yet</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

Ok I know you have that tumor and all, but really, even that is not a good enough excuse! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-03-07, 4:57 PM #6
My tumor doesn't have anything to do with not seeing RotK yet. You try having 3 kids and see if you can find a babysitter, and be able to afford both the movie tickets and the babysitter. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77

[This message has been edited by Snake-Eyes (edited March 07, 2004).]

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-03-07, 5:01 PM #7
Then have a family night out. Nothing is better for kids to see a fictional war with people dying and heads flying.

Or maybe not...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

An exile of the Soviet Massassi Regime
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-03-08, 9:20 AM #8
In my opinion, THe Hobbit was the worst one, though it might make a good movie. (If they didn't sap it up like the Trilogy)

------------------
"With Great power comes great Responibility. Seems like the converse should be true as well. Now where the heck is my great Power?"
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2004-03-08, 9:40 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SMOCK!:
In my opinion, THe Hobbit was the worst one, though it might make a good movie. (If they didn't sap it up like the Trilogy)

</font>

Tiny Hobbit vs. Huge Dragon

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-03-08, 6:19 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
Tiny Hobbit vs. Huge Dragon

</font>

= Great Movie

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-03-08, 6:32 PM #11
Yeah, the Hobbit was a way better read than LOTR in my opinion. Then again i found the Silmarillion to be all around easier to read than LOTR... so my judgement might differ from the norm.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-03-09, 7:12 AM #12
I think that the only way they could destroy this franchise is if Peter Jackson started taking George Lucas pills.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!