Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → NWN Group
NWN Group
2004-03-07, 11:46 AM #1
Well, we're going to try another Massassi RPG adventure, but this time in NWN! Anyone who is interested on Playing During weekends should post here and we also need a DM (hopefully with some experience?). This would be a weekly (or every other week) thing. Post if you're interested!
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-03-07, 11:47 AM #2
Yes.

No DMing here.
2004-03-07, 11:51 AM #3
I could possibly DM, but I'd have to learn all the crap about location warping and stuff. I know the DM force ____ and object making/trigger making. Just the warping I don't get. I'd LOVE to play though if someone else DMed. If not I can.

[EDIT] I only have origonal NWN. I'll be getting the second expansion sometime in the near future
------------------
Fight fire with fire! Fight EVERYTHING with fire!

"True as toasted toads!"

[This message has been edited by Glyde Bane (edited March 07, 2004).]
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-03-07, 11:54 AM #4
Just to let everyone know, I'll be hosting a little DMed NWN Session next week at 8:30 PM GMT+1. It'll be the "Vethboro Dragon" module, a simple but efficient one-shot adventure for beginning characters.

This is a NWN-Only module. Neither SoU or HotU are a requirement.

Here's a little description.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It is hard to believe that only a month ago you decided to leave your home and take on a life of adventure. Unfortunately, after weeks of uneventful, unexciting, and unproductive days, you find yourself near Vethboro, a recently-founded village on the eastern side of the Thunder Peaks. Your desire to make a name for yourself is now quite high, but the chances of finding a quest more perilous than sheep herding--especially in a village this small--seem quite low...

This is a one-shot adventure mainly because the DM wishes to gain a bit more experience with the DM Client, but also to entertain the players. The original Vethboro Dragon module created by Jason Robinson will be used, albeit with a few minor, almost cosmetic changes.

If anyone is interested in co-DMing this mod, then feel free to message me.

A small hak is necessary for the module. You can find it either with the module itself at http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1030423205864.shtml or you can download the hak at ]http://vdl.xs4all.nl/~ruben/NWN/JHR1-v118.rar </font>

Please note that I'll only be doing this once, as this is a one-shot adventure. I'm a big fan of the possibilities that Neverwinter Nights offer and am currently DMing a campaign(which is full, mind you), else I'd be glad to DM. However, if you need someone to assist with DMing(be it explaining things, be it running a few things, be it to help with starting the campaign off), I'd be happy to help.

I've heard that stat might be interested in joining, as is tofu. Jon'C might also hop on, I'm not certain. At the moment, I'll only work with a party of 4-5 characters. Maybe a sixth player if I can get a co-DM(Glyde?) If necessary, I might run the adventure a second time to accomodate additional players.

------------------
Burrie - an old, pissed, dillusional, ghetto Scott-Dutchman with an Austrian accent

[This message has been edited by burrie (edited March 07, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by burrie (edited March 07, 2004).]
The answer is maybe.
2004-03-07, 11:54 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
Yes.

No DMing here.
</font>

------------------
Echoman: Always stare at the sun. It shall tell you the time.

gothicx: Yeah, like, "Time to get sunglasses."
2004-03-07, 12:06 PM #6
I'd love to join in. Also to Burrie's game as well. Although it might be hard since he's 9 hours away from me.

How about a module made my us guys...wait no. That'd be too scary. I can see the dialog all ready.

"omg w3lcome to teh m0dule"

1. omg liek hai!
2. ...
3. STFUGOAT!

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-03-07, 12:34 PM #7
"OMQSTFU liek gimme ur gold or u die!!!!11111"

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-03-07, 12:48 PM #8
I would LOVE to join, Truly. Send me an email to fishstickz@sorrowind.net

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-03-07, 1:01 PM #9
Well, talk to whoever becomes the DM, this is just my idea, he'll be the one in charge.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-03-07, 1:50 PM #10
I would love to play, but I cant DM at all. I have the first expanision but not the second.
2004-03-07, 2:04 PM #11
I'd love to co-DM. I need a few pointers myself so this would be perfect. Not as tedious as a normal DMs work. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

"True as toasted toads!"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-03-07, 5:49 PM #12
I have no expansions, but I'm a somewhat experienced DM.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-03-07, 5:53 PM #13
Yay! Sounds like a plan.

Oh and I could make a module if you need one, got nothing better to do besides my secret Mots project. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Fear, It Controls The Fearful. The Strong. The Weak. The Innocent. Fear Is My Ally!

The Arcane Sith
2004-03-07, 6:06 PM #14
Like I said, talk to the DM. Although I'd think he would want to make his own moduals. He also has the say on who plays and who doesn't and how many people there are. The only people that are playing so far is Jon and I (maybe stat) as we were in the chat and came up with the idea. (And I want a garunteed spot [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif])
2004-03-07, 10:07 PM #15
Well, at the moment, I suppose I'm a bit at a loss as to who wants to play or not... if you're interested in participating my one-shot session(be it as a DM, be it as a player) of the "Vethboro Dragon", then send me an e-mail(ruben@vanderleun.com). Remember, we'll play on Sunday, 8:30 PM GMT+1.

Also, I just found this little mod, and I must say that it's quite an interesting addon.

------------------
Burrie - an old, pissed, dillusional, ghetto Scott-Dutchman with an Austrian accent

[This message has been edited by burrie (edited March 08, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by burrie (edited March 08, 2004).]
The answer is maybe.
2004-03-08, 9:54 AM #16
mike19rocks@hotmail.com

I may or may not be able to play. Add me to the e-mail list if there is still an open slot [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Note: I've been playing on Bastions of War for the past few weeks, so I'm due for some RP'ing. Haven't RP'd since Myseria was good.

------------------
Eat the pudding.
2004-03-08, 10:04 AM #17
Oh forgot my e-mail. wctglyde@hotmail.com

------------------

"True as toasted toads!"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-03-09, 11:10 PM #18
Just like to bump this lil' post. If you're interested in joining my little Massassi session, mail me, don't post your e-mail adress here.

------------------
The answer is maybe.

↑ Up to the top!