Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Judas - abc movie on tonight
Judas - abc movie on tonight
2004-03-08, 12:13 PM #1
They're hoping to cash in on the popularity of the story of Christ. That's all.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-08, 12:13 PM #2
Last night I was watching the Practice and I caught a preview for the "Judas" movie on tonight. While it might be an alright movie, it looks like it will be cheesy in comparison to the Passion. Why in the world would abc choose to air a movie like this now, when the Passion is still raking in money? It only makes this movie look worse. Any thoughts or comments?

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-03-08, 12:14 PM #3
I read some review the local paper which said it was so horrible the actors in it may never get acting jobs again.

With that in mind, I don't plan on watching it.

Here's the link to the review online: clicky
------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything

[This message has been edited by bobafett765 (edited March 08, 2004).]
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-03-08, 12:20 PM #4
Maybe they'll go into the Dracula part of the story...

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-03-08, 12:42 PM #5
Supposedly it was filmed a way back and no one wanted to air it until now for various reasons including disagreements with what led Judas to betray Jesus (some prefer the two-demensional character with just nothing good about him, ignoring that he was one of Jesus' closest friends). And word has it the acting was pretty bad for some characters, esp Pontius Pilate.

Obviously ABC is run by oportunists.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-03-08, 1:42 PM #6
The acting was terrible, according to the review.

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-03-08, 1:54 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roach:
Maybe they'll go into the Dracula part of the story...

</font>

Hehehehehehhe. I'd acknowledge the source of your reference, but I'm afraid that might give away for anyone who wanted to look into it.

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: The Darkside Chronicles
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-03-08, 3:46 PM #8
That and it'd be cruel to make anyone interested in the source...

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-03-08, 4:26 PM #9
Jesus sounds like a college kid, "Come and stay with me and my dad, whaddaya say?"

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-03-09, 12:20 AM #10
Ly, a frend of mine, hated it.

I trust him.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-03-09, 6:11 AM #11
This movie SUCKED!!!!!!

At first I thought it was a comedy spoof on the Passion...
2004-03-10, 9:55 AM #12
They really tried to modernize the dialogue. especially with Judas and Jesus' arguements.

It wasn't so bad other than that.

Kind of sad with how they juxtaposed Judas and Jesus' deaths; Jesus having faith until the last, and Judas giving up faith in Jesus and God, tearing off that pendant before jumping.

He didn't think he could go to Jesus for his mother, he didn't think he could apologize when he was right in front of him three times (Before Pilate, on the way of the cross, and at the hill he was crucified on); possibly a reference to his infinite despair(3x), along with Peter's 3 denials forgiven by 3 affirmations following the resurection. His sin is known as despair, refusing to believe one can be forgiven. He did no worse than Peter, but Peter believed and repented.

Saddest part was when he jumps in slow motion and it flashes back to Jesus saying to him at the begining, "I want to be with you forever with my Father in Heaven. Do you trust me?" just before he hits the end of the rope.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!