Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → battlefield1942
battlefield1942
2003-12-14, 8:52 AM #1
i have a lot of questions about this game.

1. is there a way in the main start screen to make the mouse more responsive and everything not so laggy?

2. everytime i try to play a single player level, it doesnt load past like half a centimeter of the bar and just stops there, forever.

3. the lag is insane, the demo ran fine on my computer, but this is really bad, anything you can do about it? ive already got video settings on low.

4. How is singleplayer on the full version?

[This message has been edited by drizzt2k2 (edited December 14, 2003).]
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2003-12-14, 9:00 AM #2
Well I gave up on BF1942 because for me it crashes to the desktop every 15 mins [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2003-12-14, 9:08 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by drizzt2k2:

1. is there a way in the main start screen to make the mouse more responsive and everything not so laggy?
</font>

I highly recommend using the All Seeing Eye. With it, you won't have to be in the main menu anyway.
www.udpsoft.com/eye/

Quote:

2. everytime i try to play a single player level, it doesnt load past like half a centimeter of the bar and just stops there, forever.
</font>

Latest patch and drivers? Does multiplayer work?
ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/battlefield_1942_patch_1.5.exe

Quote:
3. the lag is insane, the demo ran fine on my computer, but this is really bad, anything you can do about it? ive already got video settings on low.</font>

Disable shadows and other such effects. Systematically enable/disable all the available settings to see if any particular one is causing such bad performance.

Quote:

4. How is singleplayer on the full version?
</font>

Not very good. Play it for the Multiplayer.
2003-12-14, 9:18 AM #4
i already downloaded the patch, and multiplayer doesnt work either. so i dont know what to do now, i left it loading for an hour and it just sat on that same screen.

------------------
The opera, The Sands of Time, lasted only four minutes.

The Kansas, and Colorado State Boards of Education both mandate that children should not be taught, or lead to believe in the theory of evolution, Newton's theory of gravity, or the theory that germs cause disease
2003-12-14, 9:21 AM #5
Don't buy it for the singleplayer.

Singleplayer is at best just target practice and learning maps or how to bomb or to fly a specific vehicle:

- Bots are crap at targeting groups (with a stationary MG they always aim for one target instead of spraying the whole mass). Though they are sometimes godlike at hitting aircraft with mounted MG's.

-Their reflexes vary from that of the best ping-pong players to sloth-like, sometimes not reacting at all to running up to them and planting a knife in their belly, sometimes plinking several bullets 'tween your eyes the moment you come over a ridge or come out from a distant bunker. Bad situational awareness in general.

-They always take the same route (somewhat realistic though, as many players come running alone from the same angle, through the same chokepoint to the slaughter every single time instead of finding a weak flank to slip in from)

-No teamplay, at all.

-Weak as infantry vs. tanks.

-They are crap at piloting aircraft, especially at evasive maneuvers and doing any ground support (never strafe any infantry or vehicles. Passively dropping of the ocassional perfectly aimed bomb that always makes a direct hit.

-The My kill death/ratios are always rambo-esque in a botmatch. Things get reaaally one-sided and monotonous if you don't switch teams every now and then to compensate (i.e. capturing 2/3 of the axis flags, switch, recapturing the same flags for the other team).

I had the same problem with gameplay being reeeally laggy on my 1ghz, 256mb RAM, Geforce 2 GTS 64mb, box. Funnily enough both demos ran quite acceptably and initially the game ran well enough too. New box runs it quite excellently though (Athlon XP 2300+ Barton, Radeon 9800, 512mb RAM).
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2003-12-14, 10:06 AM #6
Quote:
i already downloaded the patch, and multiplayer doesnt work either. so i dont know what to do now, i left it loading for an hour and it just sat on that same screen.
</font>

What video card are you using?
2003-12-14, 10:50 AM #7
Mine does that too.. Im using a TNT2 and windows ME though [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Id say update drivers, thats what im doing.(or just play tribes 2 for your largescale battle games)

------------------
"It's OK for us to randomly attack people!"
-BV

o.0
2003-12-14, 11:07 AM #8
I'll say this now:

The single-player demo of BF1942 is ****. It's a horrible piece of garbage, and it eludes me why they released it. Don't judge the game on the single-player demo. It's the most horrible piece of trash I've ever had the misfortune to download.

That said, I love Battlefield 1942. The single-player runs fine, and the multiplayer is fun.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-14, 11:18 AM #9
I played the demo. loved it, bought the game, loved it, downloaded a new update one day, and it messed up my game for about six months and then I got a new update and it's worked fine. By messed up I mean LAG LIKE CRAZY even on singleplayer with everything turned to low as can go AND I was using an ati radeon 9600. After the update that fixed it though, I can now play it with every turned up as high as it can go, and not the slightest bit 'o lag. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"answer to life the universe and everything = 42" - Google calculator
2003-12-14, 11:49 AM #10
well, it decided to work after i rebooted so, thanks anyways! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The opera, The Sands of Time, lasted only four minutes.

The Kansas, and Colorado State Boards of Education both mandate that children should not be taught, or lead to believe in the theory of evolution, Newton's theory of gravity, or the theory that germs cause disease
2003-12-14, 2:00 PM #11
Quote:
1. is there a way in the main start screen to make the mouse more responsive and everything not so laggy?</font>

There's different mouse sensitivity settings for different parts of the game, ie. one for infantry, one for vehicles, one for planes. I think the menu screen runs off the infantry settings, or the first one you come to at any rate. Use the different settings to your advantage. You'll want your vehicle mouse sensitivity set to max to spin your tank turret around as quickly as possible, while you might need to fine tune your infantry sensitivity to where you like it.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

↑ Up to the top!