Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Official JO/JA MaDa Memorial Level Pack Rules...
The Official JO/JA MaDa Memorial Level Pack Rules...
2003-12-14, 5:19 AM #1
I'll give guidance to the JO/JA part of the project, so here it goes:

First, I'll go and convert as many textures as possible into shaders for JA, if I've got much time left, I'll do a JO version as well. - any help would be very much appreciated. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT make your own shader files without also sending them to me - things would mess up in the pk3.

The textures taken from the LimeLite should go into textures/m_memorial, with their original names. If you find any GIFs, do not save them - I'll include the JPG versions in the ZIP, along with shader and lightmap files.
For the rest, the guidelines are the same as for the JK version, being:

-All levels must include a hefty portion of MaDaventor's Textures.

-All levels must be multiplayer.

-All levels must be of descent quality. Simply because we need to have a downloadable file size, and including every box with MaDa's textures in it would raise the size dramatically.

-All levels must be acceptable and uplifting in the name of Adam. Please do not include something generally questionable, because you will be turned down for improper or disrespectful material.

-Include within your .zip a readme titled levelname_readme.txt.

-You may submit up to 3 different levels.

-Include 2 screenshots within the file. To be included within this pack, you must not showcase or release your level. All levels will be showcased in a seperate thread as they are received, and released as a pack afterwords.

-The level discription when on the level loading screen will instead of describing your level, be a messege for MaDaventor. These messeges should be kept respectful and legal, and just generally uplifting. Please spell check this portion.

The following is a submission form. If you're going to make a level, post here. We'd like to move all discussion to the other thread, so only level submissions should be here.

Your Name
Your E-mail Adress
Your Level Name
JA or JO
Short Discription
Comments

All levels should be beta-tested beforehand, then E-Mailed to The MaDa Memorial when finished.

For any questions or other notes, you can contact me over MSN/e-mail: gothicx3@hotmail.com

On a side note, I'd like to thank jEDIkIRBY for the way he acted with this initiative, and guidance to the JK/MotS part of the memorial project.

Also, I must repeat: This is meant as a respectful project, no offensive material will be tolerated.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.

[This message has been edited by gothicX (edited December 14, 2003).]
2003-12-14, 5:21 AM #2
Bummer, I don't have Jedi Academy... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2003-12-14, 5:22 AM #3
I'll repeat: This is not for discussion, but for submission only.

------------------

2003-12-14, 7:29 AM #4
saberopus
10kg22moller87@comcast.net
Tranquility
JA
A japanese temple structure set in a small lake with a bridge... It includes his wood textures, and his large sand texture for a Zen Bhuddism garden in the center.
-----------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum

[This message has been edited by saberopus (edited December 14, 2003).]
2003-12-14, 7:48 AM #5
Thrawn42689
Thrawn42689@msn.com
Sacred Peace
JA
Mansion type level using his wood textures, with sunshine pouring through windows, and shiny floors.
None.

------------------
The Matrix: Unplugged
2003-12-14, 8:45 AM #6
I'll repeat it once again: MaDaVentor's textures are located at http://www9.addr.com/~madavent/html/textures1.shtml

------------------

2003-12-14, 9:33 AM #7
Bounty Hunter 4 hire
link1113@aol.com
Moonlight
JA
A small city of 16 or so blocks. Reflective/ lit up buildings, a park with a small memorial, possibly a few drivable cars if I can figure out how that works, serene music.
Comments: Did he make any building facades (textures, that is)?

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter 4 hire (edited December 14, 2003).]
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2003-12-14, 10:42 AM #8
Darth J
JamesonRH03@netscape.net
Serenity
JA
Something resembling a park; lots of nature, a place of peace.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2003-12-14, 9:09 PM #9
Before I forget:

GothiX
gothicx3@hotmail.com
Eternal Life
JA
I'm trying to recreate a magical looking place, where one can be at peace with themselves, and what happened.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!