Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → JK Project - Help Needed
JK Project - Help Needed
2004-10-01, 6:02 PM #1
I'm looking for some help on one of my projects. A ShadowRun TC. ShadowRun is an RPG for those who don't know. I'd already posted this on editing forums, but it was suggested I post here so more might see it, lol.

I'll try to give an overview of the premise of ShadowRun

It's the future. Magic has returned to the world, and with it, magical creatures. Some humans have also become varied races. Metahumans. Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Trolls.

The corps run the world. Major corporations have taken control, and basically replace government. There is law enforcement though. Lone Star Security.

Technology has continued to advance, including cybernetics, so cyborgs are possible. Along with this, the internet has advanced, becoming the Matrix, a virtual world in which all major computers are connected, and deckers (computers become known as decks, roughly they are laptops, lol) can jack in a do battle.

In this world exists the Shadowrunners, who take on jobs others won't, who live outside the corps and the law. Mercenaries, basically.

So in the end you get magic, cybernetics, varied weaponry, corps, and mercenary jobs. My main interest is in modellers and coggers. Some skinners/texturers would be nice as well.

Before I hadn't been wanting mappers. But now, I'll accept it, for anyone who wants a chance. Shadowrun is set in cyberpunk type atmosphere. Futuristic kinda, with cyborgs common, high tech weaponry, yet there's also shamans and magic. For mappers, job would be to create a city of this time (2060), with the appropriate atmosphere.

There is currently a site up, thanks to G-Man. Some of it is temporary (will be getting some better pics into it), but it should give a better idea of what I want to make.

http://www.shadowruntc.net.ms/

There's a few pics of some of the model work I've got done so far.

Well, if you're interested, contact me on MSN: thefallenangelofheaven@hotmail.com

or e-mail me at tiepltjet@aol.com
or PM me.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2004-10-01, 6:05 PM #2
I'm only good for voice acting :( and one or two snow textures ;)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-10-01, 7:24 PM #3
I realized the other day that you don't have my email. This is SabreWulf from the zone. my aim name is TheEdd0 and my msn is edmany2k (at hotmail.com).
2004-10-01, 9:06 PM #4
I already offered my modeling skills. You can even get me 16 bit pictures of each gun in the original game, and I can use my imagination from there.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-01, 9:57 PM #5
Yes, I remember Kirby. I just gotta look for some refs. From the original game wouldn't be much help. The original was a Genesis game, (or at least what's the main base for the version I'm working on), so there's only like one or two pics of each gun in the game. However, some of these I should be able to get ref pics of though, because they're the same really as modern guns.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2004-10-01, 9:59 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by LKOH_SniperWolf

...It's the future....
The corps run the world.

Looks like the future has already come to pass. sorry.....
2004-10-02, 3:00 AM #7
Somebody break out the GBK.

Oh, and I'd help, but there's no way I'd stick to it.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-10-02, 7:35 AM #8
I can do a bit of coding, as long as it's not for a powerup of any sort.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-02, 11:50 AM #9
The idea sounds nice, maybe even too ambitious ;)

I can't help you at all, though.

But good luck.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-10-11, 4:38 PM #10
*Kabump*

So .... is it a FPS type RPG, or a whole reworking of the way you play and control JK?

I like remaking JK. :D
-Hell Raiser
2004-10-11, 4:43 PM #11
And I like being given something to do.

Ahem.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-11, 5:10 PM #12
Hell Raiser? I thought you left for good?

Maybe it's true. You truly can't leave massassi completely.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-10-12, 10:29 AM #13
A Shadowrun TC for JK?! I'd be willing to help some... Mapping would probably be what I could do best (I'm bets with city mapping, much more than Imperial bases, which is actually my editing weak point). Of course, You'd probably need some voice acting as well. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of any form of modelling software at home, else I'd be able to make something there.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-10-13, 8:08 AM #14
I started making a MP level last night that you might be interested in... Look Here for some info.
2004-10-13, 1:41 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle
Hell Raiser? I thought you left for good?

Maybe it's true. You truly can't leave massassi completely.

Yea, I'm bored as foop. I'm also thinking of adding in all sorts of stuff to TDiR if people are interested enough.

Other than that, SniperWolf, where'd ya go? :p
-Hell Raiser
2004-10-13, 4:52 PM #16
It's too bad you don't want this to be done for a Q3 based game. Somewhere I have the entire Shadowrun first city mapped out from GTKRadiant for Q3. Minoen (SOH_Boaknight) and I designed it.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-10-13, 9:02 PM #17
One of my few suggestions... Please try to have two different types of bullets, not just a single one. I know 9mm rounds are common, but what about rifle rounds? GoldenEye got away with having only 2 types of ammo, but I cringe when I think of UT/UT2k3/2k4 using the same types of bullets for light pistols (generally 9mm), assault rifles (varried, but possibly .223), and gatling guns (.50). The easy way to remain acurate, of course, is t only use a selection of firearms that use a total of two different types of ammunition; 9mm (.38 cal) rounds would be for light pistols and SMGs, and some longer cartridges (such as 5.56mm or 7.62mm) for rifles.
2004-10-15, 9:34 PM #18
Sorry for being away a bit. I'd just wanted to take a break for a little, relax, play some games. I'd almost constantly been working on stuff. So I felt like taking something of a break. But even then, I still did some studies and work in figuring out player model creation and texture mapping techniques. Right now, it'll be like JK. I hope to include a 3rd camera view though, which would be an overhead view. I have some reference pics to give you Kirby, and I'll try to get to that tomorrow. The main problem with it is there aren't many useful ref pics. The game which is a base is pretty low detail, and because these are generally futuristic weapons, they're not directly related to any specific guns in general. There'll probably be only one type of ammo. At least at first. If this is changed later, then there will be four types: one each for light pistols, heavy pistols, smg, and shotguns. In the original game this is mainly based off of, there were Universal Gun Clips, and this honestly may be more accurate to the edition it was based off of, however, another states ammo can be interchanged only between the same types of weapons. But for now, single type, for simplicity. In minor response to some comments on nottheking's showcase thread, well this isn't so much a deathmatch type tc. There may be more than one map, but I want to get at least the one done. Why it would be a single map, is it would encompass a very large area. The basic map I hope to create will be the Shadowrun version of the city of Seattle. Since this is a RPG type gameplay setup, it'll work that you get money from doing runs. These are basically jobs, the object of which can change. (Target, items, locations will be semirandom). They will vary from courier, to bounty, to theft, to assassination. It may be added later for it to be possible that different people can be assigned to the same run, and have to compete in order to complete it. However, the main goal right now is just to set it up so you get assigned the job, can complete it, and get money. The runs would probably be best worked cooperatively then, as a group. Though some of JK may show through, a large part of it will be changed, including the weapon/item setup. The weapon/item setup is being completely changed, and I've been working to try to set it up. I'm tired so I may be rambling a bit, but oh well, that's the gist of it. As for the level nottheking, well, it could only be a part of a level. It would require limiting the surfaces and things (ie, not the 2000 some on the sides). The problem with making it as just a map is that the way this is being done, is there are certain shops which sell items and services. Cyberware installation is one service, which could be gotten from location, weapon shops for others, for skill enhancement, hotels. Well, if it were expanded, it might work for it, nottheking. I'll talk to you about it, I'll send something tomorrow.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come

↑ Up to the top!